2011 Bradley Forum Christmas Exchange I Got It Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 21, 2011, 06:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Quote from: cajunboudreaux on December 13, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
I have to say living in 4 States ( Louisiana,Georgia,Arizona, and Texas) as an adult and being in the bbq community I thought i have seen alot.. You guys have really stepped up and gave some amazing gifts. you all deserve a pat on the back..Cudos to everyone.
The gift I shipped got distroyed by UPS(UPS SUCKS by the way) and i have been arguing with them and still awaiting an answer on a package that shipped Dec7th. Those monkeys instead of opening the package to see what leaked discarded (threw away) the entire package in which it was next to impossible for certain things to get ruined. But like i said they haven't"updated their system" to beable to tell me what happened. I call HUH???

Anyways i have re-ordered almost everything and i am having packages drop shipped with deliveries starting tomorrow. Picking the last bit of things this weekend to send then out on Monday. So to my gift recipient my deepest apologies as you haven't received your gifts yet. But I promise you will be an feel like a Cajun when i am done. Everything should be there by Christmas... Thanks for Understanding...

Bobby ( cajunboudreaux)

Sorry to hear about the package Bobby. Living in Alaska I  know all to well about the idiots at the shipping companies. Last year I mailed a card to a friend and shipped a package Fed X overnight. The card made it to him in the regular mail faster than the package!!!  >:(  :o

Anyhow, the folks on this forum have done a fantastic job. Thank you all for the great gifts you've choosen for each other and the wonderful spirit behind it all.  :)

RFT

Quote from: lumpy on December 13, 2011, 08:39:23 AM
I can finally take the tent down at the mailbox cause......."I got it"
Some very nice custom made bubba pucks that are far too nice to use. They will be used as paper weights.
2 packages of seasoning mixes from a local supplier, which I will have to go visit.
A bottle of Canjun butter. Always wanted to try this one and here is my excuse.
Some cutton bags and polish casings.
And some of SnC's custom rub and 2 from Club house.

Thanks dude!!

Those Bubba pucks rock.  Great gifts all around from everyone

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

viper125

Makes me wish I still worked at the shop. Miss having a full machine and Die shop at my will.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

cajunboudreaux

Thanks Iceman, it is all good. I think the new packages sent may do the trick.. ;D.. There are some very understanding and helpful people on this site and I am proud to be a part of it.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

RossP

Got my box today, there it was sitting on the table when I finally dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morning, had a Christmas party last night, thank goodness I don't start work until noon. Thanks to Jiggerjams for all the great stuff. here are a few pictures, sorry for the quality they are taken with my phone, camera forgot at work.  ::)

The box full of unmarked packages

The unmarked packages, sorry I was still a little blurry when I took this one ;)

The reveal, in all it's splendor.

Home made preserves, looking forward to trying them, especially the Olives and Jalapenos

The wife asked me what Gunpowder was and I told her how everyone was raving about it on Brisket, well she does not really eat much beef, as a matter of fact we have never cooked beef in our 10 years together, well thanks to Jiggerjams and the Gunpowder he sent she has asked me to do a Brisket when we get back from Mexico after Christmas, James thank you, you have made my Christmas.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

squirtthecat

THANK YOU Postage Express of Hendersonville, North Carolina!   ;D

NICE selection of rubs..  All natural, no gluten/msg or other funk.  And a very nice write-up on the back how to best use each one.

Blueberries and Brandy - somebody give me a waffle!

I could smell this as I was cutting off the mile of bubble-wrap. (no, the jar didn't leak)  Wow!

Cool beans.  The bird is the word...

And I'll hammer down some ribs basted in this..

I see Shrimp n Grits in my future!

And a really nice bag of mulling spices.

Through a bit of sleuthing based on a phone # from the UPS label, I have to thank Teesquare for this awesome (and heavy) pile of North and South Carolina goodies..   

(PS.  Hope you were able to sell that Frantom 24" Power Glide saw.  ;))

Thanks man!

viper125

Man these packages just seem to keep getting better. Giving me a lot of good ideas!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

jiggerjams

You are very welcome Ross. I checked the tracking number yesterday and it said the box was still in Mississausage which is 10 km down the road from me. Man I thought you all were going to read about me in the paper. So I am very happy to see you got it in time. I hope you like all the home made stuff. Unfortunately the olives aren't as hot as I wanted but they were made from fresh raw olives and they keep getting better with time. Not sure if you have watched any of the new Bradley vids with chef Ted Reader but the Bone Dust rub is his recipe and I have put it together with self toasted and ground spices. It has good heat and is a star on poultry and pork butts!

All the very best and enjoy.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

JJ

OU812

g

I got mine. Thanks George (Smokertime). An impressive assortment of sauces & rubs. I will post a picture soon. I also got my package off.

cajunboudreaux

Squirt... That Cool tomato bbq sauce.... hmmmm yeah.... Inject inject oh yeah and then inject then cover chicken with frenches yellow mustard then sprinkle cajun seasoning then grill over a cheap can of beer.. I dont remember where or how i got a jar of that but it was amazing.. i think the label was a little different but looks the same.. nice package.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

northof60girl

The gifts look great.  I am just catching up on the thread now!  ;D

CLAREGO

yeah i do agree but usps sometimes too depending on how many hands it gets on
Quote from: FLBentRider on December 14, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
UPS = United Package Smashers

NePaSmoKer

Very nice gifts going around.

Lump

The pucks are awesome.

And yes UPS sux, they lost a copy of my birth cert i ordered from vitalcheck back in Oct

TestRocket

Quote from: smoker pete on December 13, 2011, 07:04:13 PM
Thank you so very much TestRocket!!  Found a box on the porch and let me just say it was worth the wait ...  :o :o ;D  Got me some great goodies from the State of Alabama  :D

Been anxious to try the Gun Powder Seasoning and now I can.  Tasted the Gun Powder and boy, does it ever have an interesting taste.  There's quite a mixture there!!  If that BBQ Rub from Star Market is half as good as the Gun Powder it's going to be great.

Nothing like a local BBQ outlet.  These look fantastic.

Wonderful!  Now I won't have to get me some of these Big Bob Gibson Sauces to try.  I'll get to see for myself what the rave is all about.

Bamanation Hot Sauce comes in the colors of the legendary Alabama Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.  It's gotta be good  :P :P

Thanks again for everything TestRocket ... I will be putting all these great gifts to good use!!

Have a Merry Christmas & New Years ...

smoker pete,

I'm glad everything got there ok and sorry it was one of the last in the exchange!   :o

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everybody on the forum!  ;D