Where Are You Spending New Year's Eve?

Started by JJC, December 30, 2005, 05:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

We'll be at our log home on Balch Lake in Maine--here's a pic from the summer.  I'll try to take some winter shots this weekend.

Wishing everyone a very SAFE New Year's Eve and a fantastic 2006!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

John, that's beautiful.Is it your boat too?

I will be partying at friends but have to work next day [:(]so will have to be a little restrained!!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and safe and prosperous 2006.

Manxman.
Manxman

JJC

The blue-bottom boat is ours (vintage 1984, but Evinrude outboard motors are things of beauty) . . . along with a small "Bass Buggy" platform boat that I'm taking the picture from, a canoe, rowboat, and 2 kayaks.  The white hull near the shed actually was "deposited" there a few weeks earlier.  We assumed it had broken free of its mooring/dock lines and drifted in there, so we left it there for a while, put up notes in the marina, etc, thinking that the owner would eventually see it.  Turns out there was a bigh hole in the bottom of the hull and it had probably been deliberately jettisoned in fron of our place.  It's now at the bottom of the lake about 60 ft out from our shorefront in about 20 ft of water in its new role as "bass structure"  [:D].

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

See what you mean from a previous recent post about how lucky you are.

Have a good time John, best wishes to you and yours.[:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

JJC I just changed my plans , now i am going to spend new years with you [:D], very nice place you got there, here is my summer home

whitetailfan

Beautiful tree house you have JJC...oh wait, that's a hill isn't it[:I]...[:D]
Small house party with some friends.  Potluck dinner destined for over-indulgence.  Had enough travelling over Christmas, stay in town for new years.
Hope everyone has a <font color="red"><font size="3">GREAT</font id="size3"></font id="red"> 2006!

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

JJC

Hey Rob, drive that puppy up here anytime.  You can rest up at our place and then we'll hit the road for some real New England charm!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

. . . forgot to point out the best part of the whole place--there's a BS on that screened porch!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Gordon

home...sleeping...family...smoked chicken salad....

Gordo
Unskyled layber

Oldman

Going to Momma's... no cooking or washing dishes... [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

This is where I will be......I love this place

http://bbaybrewery.com/

Great ale, food, music and a rare weekend alone with my wife.....Thanks Grandma [;)]

<font color="purple"><font size="3"><b>HAPPY NEW YEAR</b></font id="size3"></font id="purple">

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

JJC

Looks like a great place, Mike!  Is that your "local"?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MWS

We live about 90 minutes away but always manage to visit about once a month. We have made many friends in the Bellingham, Washington area and I love the town. This brewpub is an award winning establishment. As you probably know, I love a good ale and this place serves up the best.

I have booked my wife and I into a spa boutique hotel on the waterfront and look foward to some restorative treatments on new years day.[:D]

John, your vacation home looks fantastic. It's funny that I am doing the opposite from you for the New Year.  I live in a small village on a lake in B.C and am heading to the city.
I wish you and yours a very happy new year and look forward to your postings in the new year. Cheers

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

JJC

Hope the "resorative treatments" [;)][}:)][;)] work wonders, Mike!

Ironic that we're switching places for New Years . . . If I had a choice, I wouldn't live in or near a big city.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Phone Guy

Well our plans changed a little. We were on our way to see my Sister in Oroville and were turned back by flooded roads. I have seen roads flooded before but deep water running accross the major road between I5 and Hwy 99. We made it to Chico but when we had to go through a couple feet of water on 99 just north of Chico and it was raining hard so we thought about it for a while on our way south and decided things could get worse in the evening so we headed back. The water was deeper and wider then the first pass. We are home and will be here.

Happy New Year to all! [:D]