Cabellas Pepper, Rosemary, and Thyme Rack of Pork

Started by zueth, November 22, 2011, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I had a rack of Pork that I got from Costco and decided to cook it in the smoker.  I rubbed with Annie's Garlic olive oil and then applied Char Broil's all purpose rub.  Then into a zip loc and back in the refrigerator to rest overnight.  The next day i pulled it out about 1 hour prior to cooking to rest on counter while I preheated the smoker for 230. 

Then into the smoker for 3 hours of Cabella's Pepper, Rosemary, and Thyme smoke then continue to cook until IT of 140-145.
After 3 1/2 hours the IT was 144, so I removed and tented with aluminum foil.  The IT raised to 149 while resting, I let it rest for 30 minutes.  I apologize I did not get a picture of it after I removed from Bradley or after slicing because we had company over.   Served it with a salad, and yukon golds rubbed with Annie's garlic olive oil and spinkled with kosher salt, then into SRG on high for 20 minutes with lid down and a additional 20 minutes with lid up. Did manage to snap a quick cell phone pick of my plate.

I couldn't believe how moist the meat was, I will be making this again very soon.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat