Salmon in the new smoker

Started by Brewoz, November 27, 2011, 08:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewoz

Salmon fishing was off the charts at Neah Bay this summer. Did a small batch to tryout the new smoker then went for the big load

This batch was mostly Chinook, white Chinook, Coho and Pink poo salmon

My first batch was 2 racks lightly loaded (18"x24") big load was 4+ racks. The time difference was 15 min.

Beer Guy At Snow Creek

Keymaster

Now thats a whole bunch of salmon, Looks great!!!

mikecorn.1

That's a lot of salmon :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

JZ

Thats a whole lot of Salmon and those are some BIG racks. What kind of smoker is that?

tsquared

Welcome Brewoz!  That's a good looking batch of salmon! Did you get out to Swiftsure Bank for some of those? We had a crazy good year fishing Juan de Fuca and Swiftsure as well.
T2

Kummok

Nice end product! Your shop looks like mine when smoking up a batch...no sense in going through all that prep/setup for just a pound or two when you've got LOTS of pounds available... ;)

(Older pic of a half batch)

Scotty Dog

That looks great.  I bring the beer when your ready to share some.

Brewoz

T2 Swiftsure was my second home last summer. Stayed at Snow Creek for 6 weeks. SD I still have 20 gal. of home brew left over from the last wedding I did.

JZ before pic
Beer Guy At Snow Creek

Scotty Dog

So what can I bring to the party?

tsquared

[quoteT2 Swiftsure was my second home last summer. ][/quote] Nice 2nd home. I'm having a radar installed on my boat tomorrow with Swiftsure in mind. Stuck in the fog in the freighter lanes without it is nerveracking.
T2

devo

Man you guys suck..... ;D Just kidding, great fish