A small treat of smoke wild salmon

Started by devo, November 24, 2011, 01:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Picked two small fillets of wild salmon yesterday, price is out of this world. Used Kummok recipe with Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki.

Getting air dried under the kitchen fan for three hours to get a good pellicle/glaze to form.

Two hours of alder smoke, 5 1/2 total time and we have some good looking salmon  ;) These where cooked/smoked at 130*F the whole time. I think because of the fan mod I did it cut the time down by a hour or two. And look at that NO BOOGERS  ;D

JZ

Keymaster

Looks awesome Devo, great color on that salmon!!!

Kummok

If it tastes as good as it looks, you treated the salmon very well!!  My personal opinion is that the "more pellicle time and less smoking/heating time" is the right combination....I like to reach a higher heat...165°F...at the end but no more than 3.5 - 4 hours total time...but again, that's just me. Agreeing with Keymaster and JZ, great job/color!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Fisher

Nice color on the Salmon.   Great job....

Happy Smoking

La Quinta

Holy Moly...looks delicious...how does it taste? I never take my salmon to that color but I could be wrong...

devo

Thanks
The taste was so good it lasted about a half a day. Hopefully I can get some more in the smoker later today.