Brining Turkey Boulder?

Started by mlp311, November 22, 2011, 04:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlp311

I've got vent wide open. This started prior to putting boulder in.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

KyNola

Any chance that when you either filled the water bowl or placed the bowl in the smoekr that you sloshed some water out of the bowl and didn't know it?  That's all I can figure it could be if it started prior to putting the boulder in the tower.

mlp311

Its got to be condensation. The bowl is still half full and there isn't a lot of water in the metal drip pan below the bowl. I put very warm water in the bowl.

mlp311

I may have KY??? But i didnt think i did. There is nothing dripping from top so may just monitor and see how it goes.

mlp311

The liquid has finally quit running out. I was just surprised at the amount that came out.

mlp311

This may seem like a stupid question, but I am a newbie. You are supposed to leave the netting around the turkey boulder during the smoke aren't you???

squirtthecat

I do, yes.   It keeps it from falling apart.      Just remember to remove it while it is still warm, otherwise it really puts up a fight.

mlp311

Thanks. Sure didn't have a problem regaining cabin temp today. Just walked inside a moment and it shot up to 244.

mlp311

Oh son, I see many more turkey boulders being in my Bradley in the near future. Unbelievably good. I rubbed with some Toni Chacheres and injected with some creole butter 3 hours maple smoke. Wow!

squirtthecat

Tenpoint5

That does look rather impressive
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!