The New Project Cold Smoker

Started by Fisher, November 28, 2011, 10:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisher

Hi Jim

Yes I will be using a heat sink compound.  I have not applied the grease to the base of the heat sink yet; I'm still at the experimenting stage and have to do the smoke run.  At the last test the air blowing from the fins was quite cool.  I was surprised on how low the heat was.  Good thought on the silver paster Jim.  When I apply the grease and it makes a change to the heat discharge, I can turn the heat sinks one quarter turn.  I'm new at smoking, so I have a lot to learn and the Bradley site is the place to be.  Everybody is Awesome on this site.  When I first joined the Forum Quarlow welcomed me and he was right on all aspects you're all great people! 

Wayne

Her is a picture of the compounds. I have not decide witch one to use.

Happy Smoking

SouthernSmoked

It looks good but I have a bigger question....................

Do you have this setting inside your house?
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Fisher

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on January 16, 2012, 04:53:16 PM
It looks good but I have a bigger question....................

Do you have this setting inside your house?

The Big Question lol.....Yes I have it setting inside the house. I built it in the shop and then brought it home. I will be setting it up in the shed out back but it was snowing blowing cold so I put it in the house for now. I could not wait to test the heat run since it was only a hotplate. So the house it was. I hope this answers the big question.  :)

Happy Smoking