Hi, Guys! I agree with not doing the beef tenderloin on the smoker. I do mine on the grill. Here is the recipe:
1 Cup Parsley Twigs, Chopped
2 White Onions, Chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Bay Leaves
2 Tsp.Black Pepper
3 Tbsp. Lea and Perrins
3 Tbsp.Soy Sauce
4 Cups Red Wine
1 Cup Olive Oil
2 Beef Tenderloins, 5-6 Lbs. Each
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except meat.
2. Pour marinade over beef in a plastic bag.
3. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, turning bag occasionally
4. Remove meat. Dry. Fold thin end of fillet under and tie. Discard Marinade
5. Place meat on a greased grill over medium high heat. Add wood chunks to one side.
6. Cook, turning every 5 minutes for even browning. You can place the meat over the chunks for a short time.
7. Remove when meat thermometer reads 135˚ for rare (about 45-50 minutes)
8. Allow tenderloins to rest 10 minutes and slice.
I also baste the meat with a mixture of beef extract, butter, Lea & Perrins, and lemon juice.