New User with Questions

Started by Jholliday, December 06, 2011, 12:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Indy Smoker

Looks like the 'Brotherhood' already stepped up and helped you out.
Welcome to the Family (forum)

Jholliday

Well I am useing my new 4 rack digital smoker today and the power goes off to the unit by its self. I set the timers for 4 hours and 20 minutes later the unit is off. I just got the unit last night and already have an issue?? anyone have any idea what is going on with my unit? I am smoking at 230 degrees. very frustrating for a newbie to have issues on the first try.

Wildcat

There is a long list of possibilities. First of all, check all of your connections. Sometimes when it is new the fit is tight and may not be plugged in good enough. Also, how are you measuring you cabinet temperature? If it gets too hot inside there is a high limit temp sensor that will shut it down for awhile. Others can take over from here because I have the original smoker and do not know much about the digital other than what others have said about them.

In the mean time, you can finish your cooking in the house oven.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Jholliday

well here is an update..... I am taking it back on tuesday for a total exchange for a new one like I have. it's not the temp that is making it shut off because when I just had the smoker on to advance the pucks out of it after the 4th puck I heard a click and then it shut off. so I assume that it is in the digital smoker unit. I am done until tuesday then I will start the process over again hopefully with a bit less problems. I was able to finish my ribs just had to babysit the smoker and they were great.