First try at stuffing sausage w/ pics!

Started by KyNola, December 06, 2011, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micman

Kynola sorry about the bad luck, but as everyone else can a test to, we all had it(bad Luck) My first attempt was summer sausage, they were to long and the bottom fatted out before the top cooked, i poached to try and correct well that didn't work. So instead of worrying about pooping the bed, I invited some buddies over to watch a good ole hockey game, threw the meat on the table and said basically nuthin. :o Well the meat heads at it all, might have been beer induced thou. ??? The meat was grainy like course salt, tasted basically really not that good, texture was brutal but they ate it. One even stated "wow you made this crap" he ate it anyways, I had a taste , decided against anymore.

I just retried again and the sausage got better, now I have people asking if I am making any type of sausage. Tomorrow will be hotdogs by 0U812.
I guess the morale of the story, don't throw it out, feed it to your friends with some beer, they may grumble a little but they'll eat it cause there your friends, and they won't mind being honest guinea pigs. ;)

SnellySmokesEm

I have  no clue about sausage making, but I'm sure you will get it nailed soon.  Cant wait to see the next attempt!

Micman - Laughing my a$$ off.....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

hal4uk

Well this just goes to show, once and for all,  that any effort, of any type, whatsoever, should always be suppressed.
So....

1) Stay on the couch and soak in every episode of "FILL-IN-THE-BLANK-STUPID-TV-SHOW", and don't TRY to do anything.
2) If you even think about doing anything, try to think about NOT doing anything.
3) Should an IDEA come your way, just drop and roll, duck and cover.

[meanwhile, back at Reality Ranch...]
PROUD TO KNOW YA BROTHER!
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Quote from: hal4uk on December 09, 2011, 05:27:19 PM
[meanwhile, back at Reality Ranch...]
PROUD TO KNOW YA BROTHER!
Awrighten.
That's a Kentucky brother right there!

Thanks Hal.

Sorry I blew up the opportunity for another LPGA tourney in your backyard.  Ask them folks if I promise to never come back again if they will continue the tourney.  Otherwise, I coming with an air horn AND a vuvzuela.  Heck, we only got "shushed" once, fed a "shushing" judge, I brought 200 lbs of meat to feed the masses AND I wore one of those collared golf shirts to the Club and didn't even pee off the Club's deck, as much as I wanted to. ;)

Tenpoint5

OK now that you have the practice run out of the way. You now know how things should work. When we doing the for real batch?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MTFiddler

My friend, the sun is still going to come up tomorrow, thanks for your efforts and I thank you for posting your problems so I (and I know others) can learn.

We wait with anticipation for you next project, we all know it will turn out superb!!