Newbie with another unusual question

Started by pokermeister, March 23, 2012, 12:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokermeister

Has anyone put a Bubba puck in first? This would allow the initial wood puck to go onto a hot element, after the element had warmed up. You could retrieve the bubba puck in the water and add it to your stack, or get a 4th puck. Am I just thinking too far outside the (smoker) box??
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Habanero Smoker

Hi pokermeister;

Welcome to the forum.

I don't see any advantage in this. It generally only takes the burner 20 minutes or so to get up to it's maximum heat. You can accomplish the same thing by loading your bisquettes in the feeder tube, and not advancing. That way it will take up to an hour for the first bisquette to reach the burner. Or you can advance one bisquettes, and it will take 40 minutes for it to reach the burner.

I like to leave the feeder tube empty during the preheating, and when I load my cabinet with food, I will then load the feeder tube, and hit the advance button three times.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: pokermeister on March 23, 2012, 12:19:33 AMAm I just thinking too far outside the (smoker) box??

When I preheat my smoker I load the tube with however many bisquettes I plan on using and then advance the pucks twice.  That leaves the first one just shy of the element and in 20 minutes it will move there on its own, after the element is hot.

mikecorn.1

Ditto. I do that. Pre-heat with the smoke generator also then load up and advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

KyNola

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 23, 2012, 02:38:54 AM
I like to leave the feeder tube empty during the preheating, and when I load my cabinet with food, I will then load the feeder tube, and hit the advance button three times.
Ditto!

beefmann

Quote from: KyNola on March 23, 2012, 06:50:33 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 23, 2012, 02:38:54 AM
Ditto!
Ditto Ditto

pokermeister

Thanks a bunch guys- I didn't think about only advancing one or two bisquettes. I knew I could get a good answer on this forum.  :D
Life is short, eat the dessert first!