Chickens with Bradley and SRG

Started by OldHickory, December 12, 2011, 03:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

Two pack chickens, Foster Farm local, fresh, $0.88/# at Costco.  Our Wallmart doesn't have a meat or produce dept.  :'(  Local city politics I guess.  These were a good deal, I am still looking for boulders Pat.  Did a simple 24 hr. brine - 1 C Kosher salt, 1 gal water, juice and rind of 3 lemons.  Seasoning: Italian herbs, OO, garlic salt, pepper.

Three hrs smoke ( Hickory ) IT 140*, then into the SRG.

45 min in the SRG, IT 163*, out and rest 10 min. Onto the plate with beans and greens.  The skin very crispy, meat was juicy and with the perfect smoke flavor, a very tasty chicken.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

hal4uk

Nice lookin' bird!

Say....  Where the heck did you get that medieval knights of the round table PLATE?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

OU812

OK Now Im Hungry AGAIN!

Looks great Hickory.

I could down a plate just like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or 2

Quarlow

Don't you know Hal, when he is finished eating he walks down to the creek and while he is washing the plate he pans for gold.  ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OldHickory

Quote from: hal4uk on December 12, 2011, 06:13:13 PM
Nice lookin' bird!

Say....  Where the heck did you get that medieval knights of the round table PLATE?

Hal these plates are great to keep your food HOT after serving.  They are most appreciated by those who eat slow.
Please excuse the food spots on the place mat, this was supposed to be in the wash :-[ :-[ :o
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

mikecorn.1

Nice looking twins ya got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Your chickens look really good my friend, and we have some of them plates too...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

SiFumar

hal4uk

Quote from: OU812 on December 13, 2011, 03:11:05 PM
Whats a place mat?  ;D
Well, Normie, Plac? Mat?s were first introduced by the nordic Vikings, when they returned from their maiden voyage to Pluto.  The oldest and wisest gnomes (Plutonium Gnomes) often celebrate the day, which falls quite close to the annual date of our earthly Christmas ritual...  Of course, they just decorate rocks, as they have rarely witnessed real trees, and commonly avoid discussing their coniferous aversions...

Ok.. 
I got nothing.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TMB

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

muebe

Great looking chicken Oldhickory! Cannot beat the SRG/Bradley combo ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)