Cabella Dehydrator

Started by Thomas DeWitt, December 13, 2011, 08:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas DeWitt

Hello,

I just purchased a new digital dehydrator from Cabella.  Somehow I lost the instructions.  Does anyone know the time and temperature for 1/4 inch thick whole meat beef jerky.  All the recipes say to follow the manufactures directions.

Thanks,
Tom
Spent many years home brewing.  Now taking my passion to Smoking and Barbequing.

FLBentRider

Quote from: Thomas DeWitt on December 13, 2011, 08:09:48 AM
Hello,

I just purchased a new digital dehydrator from Cabella.  Somehow I lost the instructions.  Does anyone know the time and temperature for 1/4 inch thick whole meat beef jerky.  All the recipes say to follow the manufactures directions.

Thanks,
Tom

I do 145-150F for 4-5 hours, if memory serves, I do more nuggets now, it's been a while since I've done 1/4 inch. I would check it every hour after four.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bundy

I do 4 hours at 155* but ck on the thinner pieces.

Quarlow

It should bend but not break.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

I have that dehydrator under the tree and can tell you after Christmas

cgaengineer

Quote from: Quarlow on December 13, 2011, 10:30:26 AM
It should bend but not break.

This...

But it's really up to you after this point...I've left mine in longer and I like it.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.