dual probe install question

Started by Jholliday, December 15, 2011, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jholliday

I ordered my Maverick dual probe and I have one question where do I run the probes into the smoker I just got a 4 rack bradley digital. any ideas?? sorry if this is a stupid question just a dumb newbie.

TedEbear

Most of us hang them down through the vent opening.

Jholliday

Thanks again I will do that. after that answer I guess it really was a stupid question.

ghost9mm

Quote from: Jholliday on December 15, 2011, 08:17:50 AM
Thanks again I will do that. after that answer I guess it really was a stupid question.

My friend there are NO stupid questions on this forum...just ask and someone will try to help you...Merry Christmas..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

CoreyMac

Quote from: Jholliday on December 15, 2011, 08:17:50 AM

At the risk of sounding cliche the only stupid question IMO is the one that never gets asked.  ;)

Habanero Smoker

I also run mine through the vent, but many also run the wires through the door.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Quote from: TedEbear on December 15, 2011, 08:11:31 AM
Most of us hang them down through the vent opening.
And many of us don't. :)  I close the door on the wires.  The seal will still seal fine, no or minimal loss of smoke/heat.  In my opinion bringing them through the door makes rack rotation easier.

Either way works fine.

mikecorn.1

I run them thru the hinge side of the door. Close the door on the wire. No smoke loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

TestRocket

I run them through the door also and use the blue painters tape to help keep the wires from falling when the door is open.  ;D

viper125

Usually run mine thru the vent. Because they tell you not to pinch or apply pressure to wires. I lot two maverick probes and they claim thats the problem. So I slip under my chimney with a washer so there is no pressure. But your right it is a pain some times moving trays.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: viper125 on December 15, 2011, 04:29:16 PM
Usually run mine thru the vent. Because they tell you not to pinch or apply pressure to wires. I lot two maverick probes and they claim thats the problem. So I slip under my chimney with a washer so there is no pressure. But your right it is a pain some times moving trays.
I would say thats the main reason I go thru the side now. Way easier to move racks. IMHO I say that the door seal on the wire is not enough to cause problems. Had mine for over two years with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

viper125

I had thought of drilling a hole in the back and running thru there. You would need a plastic or high heat plug that would close around the wires with out pinching. Since I usually just wipe the probe with soapy rag then alcohol there is no sense in removing form smoker. I do wipe the wires with a dry rag to get excessive oil off. Hopeing that not putting in and removing every smoke will make them last longer.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.