Top 100 Rubs and Sauces

Started by SnellySmokesEm, December 15, 2011, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty Dog

I have a very sacred recipe that was given to me on my wedding day 27 years ago.  I would love to share it with you, but I was sworn to secrecy.  I have not made it for a long time due to the labor involved, but I'm inspired to make a batch and trade it for something for my effort.  Anyone interested in a trade of their home made sauce or rub that will make my effort worth doing?   

iceman

Quote from: Scotty Dog on January 17, 2012, 09:44:06 AM
I have a very sacred recipe that was given to me on my wedding day 27 years ago.  I would love to share it with you, but I was sworn to secrecy.  I have not made it for a long time due to the labor involved, but I'm inspired to make a batch and trade it for something for my effort.  Anyone interested in a trade of their home made sauce or rub that will make my effort worth doing?

Hmmmmm. I get back in town in a few weeks. We might have to work something out  ::)  ;D

KyNola

Scotty, if EVER you were going to make a swap deal, make it with Iceman.  I have a sneaking idea of what he might be willing to swap.  Believe me, you want it!

Scotty Dog

I made a batch of sauce this past week just before we lost power for four days.  I have to say it was real good and I plan on tweaking the recipe a little for my own personal version.  I will tell you that it has four fine chopped onions and fresh Ginger in a batch and no processed sugar was added.  It is more of a vinegar based sauce that is sweetened with pure honey.  I added some extra Jalapeno Peppers to the mix.  It sure made my chicken and pork taste good.

Scotty Dog

Please excuse me while I go back to the kitchen for a little extra taste.  Posting this picture is making me hungry.

slowpoke

You just can't beat homemade.Nice looking,SD
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Scotty Dog on January 22, 2012, 09:19:29 PM
Please excuse me while I go back to the kitchen for a little extra taste.  Posting this picture is making me hungry.

Now that's just mean Scotty!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.088682,-122.279098

canadianbacon

Byrons Butt Rub is fantastic for brisket and ribs