Franken Oinker Jr. the 22#'r

Started by love the smoke, December 17, 2011, 04:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: jiggerjams on December 18, 2011, 12:05:04 AM
Sorry I can't help just hope you got things figured out. I am rootin' for ya!

Can you please take a pic of the top of your smoker? I am interested in how you are supporting the ham stocking.

I usually go really high tech when I hang hams and stick a 10 penny nail through the stockinette as it pokes out through the vent.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

love the smoke

Well I am fully awake now (i think) and just checked up on the Ham, smoker chuggin along at 170 PID lookin for the IT of 155

As far as how to hold up the ham, I am on the same lines as 10.5 tied a knot in the left over sack and stuck a hook end pick through it ( it was what I could find so I used it)

I was up anyway so thought I would throw a breakfast fatty on the Memphis Pro for breakfast

Man are these things tasty

LTS
LTS

Tenpoint5

LTS is the drain hole plugged in your V-tray?

BTW do me one small favor when you pull the ham make sure you try a little taste tester that has a big chunk of fat with it. It will be the best tasting slice of ham you will ever have. Also the fat will never taste the same again. DO NOT WORRY the super salty smokey flavor will all settle down after the ham cools and you rest it over night.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

love the smoke

Ya I seen that big puddle of ham puss there to, I think it has a little crud on the tray making a dam because the hole is open

If I remember the last one I did the first taste test was really salty and I thought I ruined the entire thing but ya it calmed down and tasted wonderful

LTS
LTS

viper125

Yes I just plug the smoke generator into the wall on its own. Use the Auber Pid to control the smoker. No need to program time when your already using pucks. Just turn off when done.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

love the smoke

Aw man Arrowems is done and mine is stuck at 145

My mouth is watering

LTS
LTS

Arrow'em and Smoke'em

love the smoke

I just checked my ham, still not done , it at 153  :o :o

LTS
LTS

love the smoke

ITS DONE

Pulled out of the smoker at 9:00 this morning IT was 154

Took a few pictures but am at work now so will post later tonight

LTS
LTS

jiggerjams

micman

Woow what a great job. Would love to see the picks and what did you use for a brine.

Mick

Tenpoint5

What happened to the Pics of this thing?? Beginning to think it NEVER HAPPENED there's no PICs to prove that it did!!

love the smoke

Ok yes i have been slacking off just a little

Seems when its done it gets eaten up or put away to fast

Sorry thats all I got fellas

LTS
LTS

Tenpoint5