odd request

Started by pensrock, December 17, 2011, 01:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

A guy from town stopped in and asked if I would smoke some whole muscle venison jerky that he has already seasoned and cured. I said sure drop it off. Well he dropped it off this morning and wanted to know if he could pick it up this afternoon. I said no way it takes time to make jerky and it was cut on the thick side to boot. He asked how much smoke, I said probably three hours or so. He said thats perfect I'll be back later. I explained it won't be ready, three hours is just the smoking part not the whole process. He said he plans to 'cook it' in the oven. I asked what temp and he said around 300. WTH? I tried to explain but he insisted. I said ok it will be smoked but don't you dare tell anyone I had anything to do with ruining your deer. He said I been reading about jerky and it will be fine.  :o ::)
I kept about six pieces and they are in the dehydrator as I type. At least I know the few pieces I kept will be good.  :)

SO NO PICTURES, I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!  :-X
It never happened.
nuff said. 

Quarlow

Hope he paid for wasting your pucks.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

smokeNcanuck

Thats funny, some times you just can't make people under stand!
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It