Going to post this here....too important.

Started by Oldman, May 18, 2004, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well not everyone is as forth coming as Bradley.  They are not a Chez Bubba House of Smoker either.  My new Redi Check Remote Thermometer is in the toilet.

When I called them on the phone they were not forth coming with the truth.  It took me calling two of their retailers to find out that this last patch was not up to snuff.  In fact there is a total recall!

When I called back I got the same person on the phone who made some noise about...well ya we have a problem...BUT! we should be getting some new ones in a week or so...... Ok fine...why did you not tell me there was a total recall? *Person on the phone is now falling over her words*

Those who have read my postings may have come to know I'm a fun-loving-gamer, who does not take to a hand job at all. These folks can bite me.  BTW the company that sold this unit to me has removed it from their web-site.  I think that pretty much sums it all up.

This run-a-round by Maverick is not acceptable...Period. I suggest we look for a new dual thermometer.

Suggestions?
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

Yikes!  Mines still working - I have not a clue Olds...thanks for the head's up...

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Bassman

Never had a problem with mine, must be from an earlier batch. What was it doing (or not doing)?

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Oldman

Bassman you asked the question.

Ok it reads 40 degrees too hot. The upper limits and lower limts no longer work. I think that covers what it will not do which is everything it was suppost to do.  No alarms. Can't set the temp. below 176 F ...nothing is working.

BTW Glad you all got an earlier patch!  This is small stuff compaired to a 40K carpet cleaner system that can't clean! Had one of those. So~~~~ No worries here. I got 40 years of smoke'in behind me and my wits.  Smoke'in a BBB as I write. Just took a little off of the top...my wife thought she was in heaven. Of course you all know I'm T-shirt smoke'in this puppy! Will post photos when done [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

There he goes again, smoking puppies! LOL![:D]

Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

Olds,

I only ask this because I have done it. Pre-remote days, I figured my Polder was trashed, figuring it was because we dropped it on a smoke. For almost a year I tried to use it, but to no avail, and was getting to the point of buying another.

It would tell me it was 115F inside the house but the pot of BOILING water was 180F! I did a lot of cursing towards that piece of crap.

Then a lightbulb went on & I changed the batteries. Worked perfect. DUH![B)]

Most anything that comes with batteries these days, comes with really crappy batteries.

My Redi-Check seems to work fine and although I don't know what "batch" it was in, I've had it less than one year.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

BrentK

Kirk,

I hope your right...and it's jsut the batteries. I went on-line today and did some research...both the Polder and the Marverick had their critics.  I ordered the Maverick ET-73. It seemed to fit the bill better.  I hope I did'nt waste my $45.  Olds talked about the one he had and I thought this sounds like something I need to have[?][?]
Hope I made the right decision.[?]

Oldman

Chez they confirmed mine was a bad apple. [:(]

RonB

Maverick seems to have a quality problem. My remote has a 1 foot range not 100 ft. I called the company and they sent out about 1000 defective units. I'm still waiting for a replacement.[V]

msiler

Ah crap... My remote seems to not have much range either I figured it was the consruction of the wall I want to penetrate. It is a stucco finish on the outside. Overall distance is about 15-20 feet. Does anyone have maverick's Phone # so i can find out it mine is part of the bad lot??

When in doubt smoke it.

Fuzzybear

Mines only got line of sight distance...If I go around the corner, it's no good............

Glendora, CA - USA!

BrentK

I'm not feel'in the love.   I hope my new Maverick, when it arrives will at least send signals through the wall.[?][?]  I guess I'll take it all with a grain of salt....and maybe some smoke too!!  I'll post the Mavericak Industries phone number as soon as I find it.

Bassman

mine works great, works up to 75'(thats all I need it to,never tested beyond that). Bought it early January and never had a problem.(Knock on wood).

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

NCMTNSmoker

Oldie, If your Et-73 is still in the 90 day warrenty period the man you need to call is Darren Keller at Maverick, I have just bought one of these and it works good, I don't get the 100 foot distance but I do get a good 75 feet out of it. He did admit to me that their was a problem with a batch and they have fix the problem and he would be more than happy to replace. All on mine works as it should. It is hard to program and setup but once you get used to the setup all is well. His number is (732) 417-9666 his email is [email protected] he is the Operations Manager. I hope this helped. George

Fuzzybear

Hmm...if I were to guess - "North Carolina Mountain Smoker"
Welcome NCMTNSmoker!!!

Thanks for the info!

Glendora, CA - USA!