Anybody else see this?

Started by RIP-ROD, December 22, 2011, 02:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIP-ROD

My smoke generator just cuts off mid smoking session.
Still has time left on it and it just cuts off.I can turn the Auber off and back on and it starts right back up?
It is a Bradley 4 rack digital-Any suggestion as to why it does this? ???
Thanks, Paul

beefmann

humm bad / intermitent /corroded connection

RIP-ROD

It is brand new?
Only used a couple times

beefmann

have  heard in the new ones that a connection has came loose inside the  smoke generator, may  want to  open it and pull apart one connection at a time  then put it back together...  sounds like something has came  loose in shipping

devo

From your post it looks like your using the Auber pid to power your smoke generator. I only use the auber to control the element and plug my generator direct. You also said you have the digital model so I don't see any reason to run the generator through the pid.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: devo on December 22, 2011, 04:51:47 PM
From your post it looks like your using the Auber pid to power your smoke generator. I only use the auber to control the element and plug my generator direct. You also said you have the digital model so I don't see any reason to run the generator through the pid.

Devo is right. You plug the Bradley tower into the PID and the PID into a wall outlet. The smoke generator you plug in separately into a wall outlet. You don't want the PID controlling the smoke generator because it will continuously be turning it on and off and of course the digital generator is touch switch so it will not come back on. Don't forget you still need to keep the small sensor wire plugged into both the smoke generator and the tower in order for the smoke generator to power up.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

GusRobin

Are you using more than 1 cycle with the PID? If so, your r1 and r2 are probably set to 1 and it is turning off after the first cycle.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

RIP-ROD

Gus- Yes I am and it makes sense now because the first cycle is 3 hrs. and that is when it shutoff. Thank you
Mike- I am running the wiring the wrong way by plugging the generator into the PID.  My preference would be to run the generator independent

Thanks to both of you Guys for steering me in the right direction and the quick responses

RIP-ROD

Sorry Devo, Thank you as well

All you guys(and girls) ROCK