Need some Prayers

Started by GusRobin, December 25, 2011, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam3

Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

beefmann

awesome update, hope  hes out soon

SnellySmokesEm

I'm sorry to hear about your family.  Hopefully everyone will get well soon.  Your family is in our thoughts...
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TMB

Gus, I just found this thread I'm sorry it took so long.  Kimmie and are praying for you and your family
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

Sorry to Hear this but your Family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya Gus.

CRG.

GusRobin

Update on the Robins and relatives.
Over the last couple months I asked for some prayers and I thank you all for the great response, Here are some updates.

Aunt:- diagnosed with lung cancer in Oct. Completed her first round of chemo and radiation with little side effects. Awaiting word as to how effective it was.

Cousin - In Oct their baby boy was born about 2 months premature. - Now doing fine.

BIL's 14 yr old nephew - had cardiac arrest 2 days before Christmas. Came out of coma couple days ago, neurologicals all looking good, successful surgery today to implant defibrillator. It was a congenital defect, tested his younger brother and results today indicate he does not have it.

Mom - rushed to hospital Dec 16 with severe leg pain; operated on the 19th for fractured fibula near hip, installed rod and pins in bone. Determined caused by cancer, not localized and still not sure where it came from. She is in re-hab for the bone surgery and will come home next Tuesday and then we go for the PET scan to get a handle on the cancer.

Me - In Oct had kidney stone. Went into get it and found bladder cancer. Started BCG treatment today ( pour TB vaccine into bladder to stimulate immune system). I get 5 more (once a week) and then they go in and do another biopsy. They put it in you and you have to change position every 15 minutes for 2 hours so the bladder gets coated. Now I know what a marinaded chicken feels like. After 2 hours you drink a lot of water to pee a lot and flush it out. Have to pee in the toilet and then pour 2 cups of bleach. This goes on for 6 hours. Not too bad, but I guess the side effects get worse as you get to number 4,5, and 6. But we found it early so you have to be grateful.

So all in all the news is getting better after a rough start this fall. Have to think that a lot has to do with all the prayers and well wishes from the forum members. The family (especially my BIL's family) was blown away when I mentioned all the well wishes and offers of help if needed. So thanks again to all and if you ever need some prayers, this is a great place to ask - and I for one will be there for you.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

watchdog56

Great news Gus. Glad to hear everything is getting better.

Keymaster

Thanks for the update, I think I'll be askin atleast one more time just to make sure ;) Take care GusRobin :'(

Quarlow

Glad to hear things are going good. After last night I needed good news. At midnight I was awoken to 2 very loud crashes. I knew what was up right away. Our intersection is a bad one for car accidents. I raced out of the house as my daughter called 911. I then spent the next half hour trying to maintain an airway for a young man who was not in good condition. Unfortunately he didn't make it as he took his last breath in my hands. At that point I was harshly told to leave the scene. I can't wait to move from here. In 15 yrs here I have seen too many fatality's. Now I say prayers to this fellows family and find solace in your familys recoverys. Good to hear your family is coming along well Gus.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

GusRobin

Q- Sorry to hear about your experience. It takes a special kind of bravery to do what you did. Take solace in the fact that you were able to hold the young man so that he had someone holding him and did not pass alone.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Leadfoote

Q, echo Gus's post to you.

Gus, continued prayers. Kia kaha to all.

Quarlow

Thanks guys. This is not the first time for me but it still sucks. As a trucker I have come across many many accidents and a few of them were fatal.  anyway this thread is about prayers for Gus and family. Glad things are going good Gus.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

Thank you for the update Gus, my wife just ask this afternoon if I heard anything about the boy,we are so glad he is going to be ok, and our prayers will continue for you and your family.
and Q may you find peace and solace in what you do for mankind, not everyone could have done what you did...people like you are my hero's...take care my friend..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill