Which One?

Started by hoby33, December 26, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoby33

Got some gift card money for Xmas and looking to get a smoker for use up here in Alaska, which model do you reccomend. Do I need the digital one?

Thanks-

devo

The OBS will do everything the DBS will do as far as giving you excellent smoked food. The only thing the DBS has is a few more bells and whistles that you really don't need. Wish I new that before I bought my digital.

mikecorn.1

Mike

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

Leadfoote

smoker pete

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

GusRobin

I would go with an OBS with a Auber PID.  The 2 will cost about the price of a digital, give you all the benefits of the digital, and give you tighter control of temp swings.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

bigredsmoker

I have owned a DBS for 4 years now and here is my two cents. I wish I would have bought the OBS and either added the extra heat element or the 900 Watt element with an Auber PID. My wife has given me the go ahead to do those upgrades to my DBS but wish I would have done it from the start. That being said, I have been happy with my DBS, It just struggles to hold temperature in the cold weather and that is when I do most of my smoking.

viper125

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: GusRobin on December 27, 2011, 09:52:36 AM
I would go with an OBS with a Auber PID.  The 2 will cost about the price of a digital, give you all the benefits of the digital, and give you tighter control of temp swings.

Ditto!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little