Letter from Wade Bradley

Started by Oldman, January 10, 2006, 10:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2"><font color="blue"><b>-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:01 AM
To: 'Raye Minor '
Cc: Katie Husband; Michael Tostowaryk; John Watkins ([email protected])
Subject: From Wade Bradley

Dear Raye,

Got your message...  

The forum was never my idea and I have a mixed opinion about the forum.

When it was started I decided to make it a forum for customers and I would have no involvement what so ever. I felt that if I was involved, then the forum could be considered biased, and opinions could be directed and collusion could and probably would manifest. (Similar to how politics get in the way to the running of a country). &gt;From time to time Katie or Chez will point something out, like this time and I will always try to respond in a timely manner.

The forum is yours to share ideas and recipes with other enthusiast of food smoking. I hope my involvement in the forum is to strictly rely on people like you for your opinions on new products, wood flavors or crazy ideas like peat bog from Ireland... We are working on many new products, when the time comes for us to go out to our forum members for an opinion on that new product; I sincerely hope to have your support.

If there is ever an issue or a reason for me to get involved with the forum, or for that matter anyone wanting to contact me, all they have to do is call.

Yours truly
Wade Bradley

PS: Regarding the glitch in the forum, "time out issue". I will make the web guys aware and see if it cannot be fixed.

</b></font id="blue"></font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

car54

Well at least you recieved a reply. That is a beginning. It would have been nice if he addressed the generator quality problems. I wonder what other new products he might be working on.

Brad

manxman

I can understand his mixed feelings towards the forum  and I think we should thank him for his reply, it is a significant step forward to at least get a reply, and the manner in which it was written. Hopefully it is something to build on in the future.

At the end of the day we all have BS best interests at heart. There is not a great deal of criticism overall on the forum with the generator issue being the main one but most of what criticism is here is at least constructive.

Manxman.
Manxman

Bradley (Head Office)

For info the forum is hosted in Dulles, Virginia USA along with the rest of www.bradleysmoker.com and numerous other websites for which my company is responsible. In this respect I qualify as the 'web guy' Wade is referring to. Perhaps someone could appraise me at [email protected] of the 'time out ' issue you have been experiencing and whether it is still in evidence. The hosting platform is generally rock solid. These type of errors can be indicative of connectivity problems which may occur anywhere on the network and are therefore often localised.

John Watkins
UK Distribution Partner
Board Administator

IKnowWood

John, It does appear to me also as a network issue.  I am very close in network proximity to the host location and I can say general network operation in this area is sluggish as of late.  There are periods of relaxed network and at those times, I do not get the timeout issue.

In some systems I support and develop we are seeing a rapid increase if utilization, which means more that more people are back at work in the new year, even coming up at the end of the last year (about 2 weeks).  So more people working, more online, more working online.  And also more telecommuters online.  All add to increased bandwidth utilization, means sluggish operation.

Perhaps the host location needs to look at their bandwidth utilization and lease limitations.  They may be maxing out and might need to lease more space.  As occurs as hosting businesses grow, their bandwidth must also, or they soon may loose customers.

Just me $0.05

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Oldman

Today seems to be the first day I have not timed out, but still very slow. Another item that bugs me is when I time out all board when I return are marked as read.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Lier.. lier my pants are on fire.... I just timed out posting the above posting.

Here is a pix of it:

I belong to several groups and this seem to be the only site I have this problem on.

So Web-Guy how about some Web-Magic   [:D]

BTW Preview works great... go figure (?)

<b>Timed out on this posting as well.. Also may I ask if there is an upgrade in the works for this board.  Several members would like to be able to upload images, plus the preview is a pop up and given your knowledge I sure you will agree that pop ups can be hacked. Thanks~~! </b>

Olds

Bradley (Head Office)

We host with Verio - we do not have bandwidth issues.

The problem is that the underlying database - MS Access 2000, has now grown to 33 Mb, which is close to the limit for Snitz Forums using the Access database. I will upgrade the database either to MS SQL , or to msql . Neither is a five minute job but I will try to get it done before the weekend . It would be helpful if contributors refrained from posting pictures until after the upgrade, as this might take the database over the top.

thanks
John

John Watkins
UK Distribution Partner
Board Administator

Bradley (Head Office)

We host with Verio - we do not have bandwidth issues.

The problem is that the underlying database - MS Access 2000, has now grown to 33 Mb, which is close to the limit for Snitz Forums using the Access database. I will upgrade the database either to MS SQL , or to msql . Neither is a five minute job but I will try to get it done before the weekend . It would be helpful if contributors refrained from posting pictures until after the upgrade, as this might take the database over the top.

thanks
John

John Watkins
UK Distribution Partner
Board Administator

manxman

Looks like John at Grakka has just fallen victim with a double posting with presumably the first one timing out.

I typically get the same message as Oldman posted, the other common one is "64-host not available".

Thanks for your help John.

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

Thanks John,

I know changing over d-base can be a pain in the shorts.

Olds

JJC

Thanks for your help, John!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Bassman

Are we making any progress on this time out issue? It's really annoying!

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Oldman

Not as far as I can tell Jack... and I E-mail him again about this a couple of days back.

Olds

Oldman

Not as far as I can tell Jack... and I E-mail him again about this a couple of days back.

Olds