Help with Auber Dual Probe setup

Started by gks314, January 06, 2012, 04:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gks314

I know it can't be hard, but I'm still unclear exactly how to setup the Auber dual probe with my new DBS.

For example, does the Auber control the smoke generator?  I know it controls the oven heater, obviously, but does it also control the smoke generator?  If so, how does it advance the pucks?  Do you still need the smoke generator to run independent of the Auber?

What is the second power cord (which I did buy) for, exactly?

Do you need to still connect the oven box to the Bradley smoke generator with the little cord?  I think it may be the thermocouple, but I'm really not sure.

What is the relationship between the 9 hour and 40 minute cooking limit, and the need for the second power cord?  I just don't get how they are related
I'm sorry in advance, but I think I need  step-by-step instructions for the setup.  Of course, I realized I was lost after 5pm Eastern.  Oh well!

Thanks,
Greg

gks314

Thanks so much for the link, but it still doesn't make sense.

For example, under the "Blue Arrows" section:  it shows connecting a male 3 prong cord into the "Heater" female socket on the controller, and the other end into a female receptacle on the smoke generator.  No cord that I have is male on both ends.  I just don't get it.

ghost9mm

Greg...
  On the link that Devo gave you, scroll down the page till you come to the post that Gusrobin posted it is the eighth post down on that page and see if that is of more help to you...here is that link again..

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18346.0

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

gks314

Devo and Ghost,
Thank you both so much for the help.  I'm pretty sure I now have a setup where the PID will control the oven like I want, and I'll control the smoke directly on the Bradlley SG.   
Again, thanks for the help. 

--Greg