Concerns

Started by Georgia Chad, December 30, 2011, 07:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I agree with Gus, but have a third reason people may find this forum. I saw a Bradley in action, and found this forum while researching to decide if I wanted to purchase one, and what other things I can do with my smoker.

When the smoker is working there is plenty to write about, and those posts are the overwhelming majority of the posts. Read what members are doing with their smoker.

I've had my OBS for about 7.5 years, and the only problems I've had were I once knocked it over and it fell 3' to the ground, another time the wind blew the chart it was on and it fell about 6' to the ground, and I've burnt some meat in it a couple of times.  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

highlandsmoker

i agree with a lot of the post that people serched for this forum because they are having problems....well thats a lot of people...i  my self do enjoy my 6 rack dig. but had bad temp swings. had problems not melting the fat because i really had no idea where my temp was. bought a pid and its 1+ or 1- deg. but i feel i should not of had to spend another $150.00 to make the smoker do what bradley said it would. but as i said i do enjoy it and for you who have temp swings buy a pid. i fought it for 2 years and now im happy with the smoker.....other then that no problems.

braveheart

I have owned my bradley for 2 years and have had zero problems with it. I find when one consumes too much alcohol that is when problems occur such as cant get trays in straight or pressing the right buttons on the control. Other than that seems to be just fine.
f you can't smoke it, shoot it!

KyNola

Quote from: highlandsmoker on December 31, 2011, 04:42:56 AM
i agree with a lot of the post that people serched for this forum because they are having problems....well thats a lot of people...i  my self do enjoy my 6 rack dig. but had bad temp swings. had problems not melting the fat because i really had no idea where my temp was. bought a pid and its 1+ or 1- deg. but i feel i should not of had to spend another $150.00 to make the smoker do what bradley said it would. but as i said i do enjoy it and for you who have temp swings buy a pid. i fought it for 2 years and now im happy with the smoker.....other then that no problems.
I hope you bought an extra PID for your house oven as it has those same big temp swings.  Don't take my word for it.  Stick a wireless remote thermometer in it and watch the temps. ;)

Shasta bob

I to love my Bradley , yes i have replaced the faceplate, but still on the original heating element! did add the PID. wouldn't even think about trying another brand of smoker.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Quarlow

I bought a 4x4 once so I could go threw mud and ditches and rough stuff. It had 16 inch stock tires and stock bumpers. That truck got stuck in more mud holes and hooked those bumpers so many times that they didn't even look recognizable. Then I put a lift kit and 34 inch tires and lockers in the diff's and some heavy duty bumpers that you could hang the truck from their corners. I couldn't get that thing stuck after that. I shouldn't have had to mod it out because it came as a 4x4. I spent a lot of money on it to begin with. But it sure was great after words.
I have a OBS 4 rack, no problems other than routine stuff like cleaning inside the SG. At least you can work on it yourself. Nothing like a '69 GMC as opposed to 2010 Dodge which you can't even recognize the parts under the hood.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

highlandsmoker

no i did not but a extra pid for my oven. i don't make sausage, bologna,snack sticks in my oven. what you have to understand if your bradley does not have temp. swings great for you but mine is 20 to 30 deg off of what the display reads, and no it does not level off as the meat warms. the pid did the trick. all i'm saying is you would think for $500.00 this metal box would have better control.

rcger

I've had my 6-rack DBS for about 3 years or so.  I've had no problems at all.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Gilley7997

Well I have 3 smokes under my belt with my new DBS I got for Christmas.

I was a lurker on this forum since about last October when I started researching what exactly I wanted for christmas, so it wasn't a faliure or anything like that, it was just research and information gathering.  No problems yet, but I agree, being a techie person more than a cook, that forums are mainly for complaints and in my general estimation, unless there is an overwhelming consisency with the reviews or complaints you can count on 20 or more good products for every complaint you here.

I read about the Heater elements, but also about how good Badley was about working with owners on the situation, thus why I am a proud owner of my new Bradley DBS 4 Rack

Bearcub6

I've had my 4 rack OBS for 1 1/2 years and my only problem has been a cracked face plate.  I have not done any mods - yet .  I did get a pid for xmas, but still waiting to hook it up and get my first smoke with the pid.  Unfortunately, I don't get to smoke as much as I'd like (who does??), but with all the help on this forum, I know I can get some help if I run into trouble or need some good advice.

mikecorn.1

DBS 4 rack. 2 1/2 years. 1 bad micro switch. Easy fix. It sleeps in my garage covered with a cheap plastic BBQ cover. I never cover the smoke generator. I live about 17 miles from gulf of Mexico. Meaning lots of humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

bille

Quote from: KyNola on December 30, 2011, 07:37:29 AM
My BDS 4 rack is almost 5 years old.  The heating element is original and working fine.  The door seal is original and working fine.  The door is original and working fine.  The faceplate is original and not cracked.  The hinges are original and have not broken off.  My BDS still easily heats to 250+.  The only mod I made to it is I recently installed a rail sytem so my 4 rack is now an 8 rack.  Other than that, all original.

As you stated, generally when something is working as it should you never hear about it but let something go wrong and you hear it loud and often.

I have also had my BDS 4 rack for going on 6 years, I have made no mods to it and have never experienced a problem, everything is original and working fine, I am seriously considering getting a 6 rack in the near future.