Rckcrwlr's got his nuts in a sling???

Started by Rckcrwlr, December 30, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

I know what you are thinking but really...

I got some nuts and some ham cloth and will be slinging them in the rack to keep them from falling through.

Now the first thing I did was buy some Cashews and Pistachios. 

Wanting to make Blazing Pistachios...I sat down and shelled all the Pistachios.  After that, I read the recipe and it said, keep the shells on.   :-[

So right now, I am trying to find the match of each shell half and gluing them back together...

More to come...

SamuelG

😂😂😂

If I had a $1 for every time I pulled on of those!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

pensrock

I like them better with the shell on cause you can lick the goodness off the shell after the nut is gone. Plus I'm not the one having to shell all the nuts.  :)
But others do them shelled. They will be good either way. Glue and all.  ;D ;D

Rckcrwlr

So here we go...

I picked up two bags of Cashews and one bag of Pistachios.

So let's start with the Cashews.

First thing I thought of was my friends at Oakridge BBQ...Yes...Death Dust Cashews

I started with 4 TBLS of Unsalted Butter melted in a pan.  Added 2 TSP of L&P and 2 TSP of Dust.  Let it cook down some.

Poured them over the cashews and started tumbling them.  I would suggest that you add the nuts to the pot due to the container being cold and it made it harder to get them coated.

Getting some Ham Cloth from my butcher made it easy to do.  I just opened the cloth and slid it over the rack.  This ensured that the nuts would stay on the rack.

Next came the Pistachios.  Was planning on doing Blazing but didn't have all the ingredients so I looked around and found some Srarachi Chili Sauce.  So I melted some butter and added 2 TBLS of this wonderful sauce.

Tossed them around and there was some beautiful color on this things...

The last bag of Cashews were claimed by my daughter that does not like hot stuff so I made her a little Butter/L&P and Brown Sugar Cashews

Of course I salted all of these when I put them on the rack.

Into the smoker for two hours of Hickory and 200 degrees...last hour I shut it down and let it hold the temp and slowly cool down.

Here is a before...

And here they are...

Letting them cool down and then will place them in plastic containers for the Stillers/Brauns Game on New Years Day...  I hope they last.

micman

Nice job Rckcrwlr, what kind of smoke did you use and for how long. ;)

Mick

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on December 30, 2011, 06:27:49 PM
Into the smoker for two hours of Hickory and 200 degrees...last hour I shut it down and let it hold the temp and slowly cool down.

I know...you were looking at the pictures, weren't you?   LOL

micman

ya I confess, made me kinda hungry....

Mick

howlin

yum srirachi.i do put THAT s%$t on everything. ;D
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: howlin on December 31, 2011, 11:20:53 PM
yum srirachi.i do put THAT s%$t on everything. ;D

I tend to also.  I want to smoke some of it here soon.  The Pistachios are my favorite.  They have tons of favor...

OU812

Good lookin nuts.  ;D

I do all my pistachios shelled, you really get the WOW factor doin them that way I think.

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: OU812 on January 01, 2012, 09:47:38 AM
Good lookin nuts.  ;D

I do all my pistachios shelled, you really get the WOW factor doin them that way I think.

With the Sriracha...you sure do get a WOW FACTOR... 

OU812

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on January 01, 2012, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: OU812 on January 01, 2012, 09:47:38 AM
Good lookin nuts.  ;D

With the Sriracha...you sure do get a WOW FACTOR...

Yes Sir,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sriracha is some good stuff.

Chili Head

I like your style! That habanero dust looks interesting!

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Chili Head on January 04, 2012, 10:17:31 PM
I like your style! That habanero dust looks interesting!

I think it is the best of all of them...  You enjoy the Cashew and then once it's gone...a little surprise starts creeping up on you.  I have more fun with letting people try them. 

Here is how it goes: Oh man, these are good, they're not hot.  Can I have some.......wow the burn is starting.....Oh my...it's up in my nose....will it stop..........that was awesome, give me some more.