Sudden Trouble with Bradley smoker

Started by Scott Campbell, December 30, 2011, 10:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Campbell

Started a batch of summer sausage. Smoker has always ran well! This time when starting up I had an "E" show up on digital screen. Puck advance won't stop advancing. Switched ends on sensor cord. Wiggled cords. Unplugged and re- plugged. Tried another outlet. Then took unit apart and looked for loose connections. Cleaned and re- connected all wires, and cleaned puck slide and all of unit. No luck. Changed out advance switch. No luck. Then took back cover off to check second sensor peg to see if broken. Was not so cleaned all of connections in rear of smoker box. Still no luck. Checked sensor cable and found it to be good.
Am at a loss. Called Bradley  for help. Closed till after New year. Could use a suggestion. Thought I covered about everything I read. But know something could have been missed. Thanks for any help!!

Quarlow

Sorry I have an OBS and a sh&t#y memory. I know I have seen something about this but can't remember.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Scott Campbell

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Scott;

Welcome to the forum.

The below link may help. I have to update it, because there is another step that can be taken. There is a possibility that the micro switch button is not being depress far enough. If that is the case loosen the nuts that hold the motor and realign the motor so it depresses the switch far enough; you should hear a distinct click.

What is an "E" error?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Scott Campbell

Thank You! This is the problem! The motor needed a minor adjustment to depress the micro switch. Unit is up and running :) !!
Also appreciate the link as I found it helpful and have written it on back of my owners manual for future reference.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Quarlow

And the forum boys come threw again. SWEET. I love this place.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Old Smokey

I also had the dreaded "E" error.  I cleaned the unit and checked the connections.  All seemed OK.  It turned out that the motor had died.  Replaced the motor and all is well.