Help with a recipe

Started by bozer, December 31, 2011, 11:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozer

Hey all,

I was thinking about making this recipe tonight. Wife wants to do it in the oven, but I'd imagine this would be amazing out of my OBS.

http://veryculinary.com/2011/03/31/sweet-chicken-bacon-wraps/

Could anyone take a look at this and tell me how I could do this in the bradley?

My guess is 2 hours of smoke, 4 hours total cook time. But that's a total guess.

Thanks and happy new year!

SamuelG

Go for it!

Depends how much smoke you like, but 2 hours should be good.

Total cook time should be gauged when the are done. Fours hours might be a tad over.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

bozer

how can you tell when they are done? My thinking is once the bacon looks done, the whole thing will be done.

bozer

Also, any recommendations on which wood flavor to go with?

DisplacedCoonass

If you're actually going to make those small pieces, I would say to only smoke for 40-60 minutes at 225 then to finish them in the oven so the bacon can crisp up.  If you did it all in the Bradley the bacon will likely stay chewy and the sugar probably won't caramelize.  Might even need to bump up the oven temp to crisp the bacon without overcooking the chicken, but that could be a wrong thought.

beefmann

bozer

Ended up coming out great. Made three racks worth and everyone loved them, even the picky eaters. I only smoked them for an hour and couldn't taste much smoke (using apple). Next time I'd use a stronger wood or smoke for 2 hours. IMO 2 and a half hours tops cook time total for this.

mwilliams7967

Bozer, at what temp was the smoker set?? 

ArnieM

Bozer, did yours come out looking like the pic?  They sure look good. 
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.