Applewood Pork Loin and Winter Lager & Apple Sauerkraut

Started by armychic, January 02, 2012, 04:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armychic

We decided to test out the new Bradley smoker I bought for Christmas. What better then a belated New Year's meal?  Applewood smoked Pork Loin, Homemade creamy mashed redskin potatoes and Sauerkraut dressed up in the pressure cooker with apples, onion and Sam Adams Winter Lager.

I rubbed the pork with a homemade rub of sea salt, garlic powder, brown sugar, dry mustard, chili powder, paprika, cumin, ginger, coriander,  and black Pepper. Rub down the pork with a mix of applecider vinegar and worcestershire, followed with the dry rub ingredients, wrap in saran wrap and let it soak it up for about an hour then smoked with the apple wood briquettes at 230 for 3 hours. (its pretty cold out here today so the smoker was actually holding at about 215-220). Rested for about 10 minutes....tender and full of flavor!

The kraut was something i threw together on a whim and it prefectly complemented the pork! Using the brown setting on the pressure cooker melt about 2 tbsp butter, add minced onion,  cook til tender, add julienned apples, saute appx 2 minutes, add a bottle of Sam Adams Winter Lager, a little pepper to season and pressure cook on High for 1 minute. Quick release and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. If its too sweet(it was for me) add a little apple cider vinegar and reserved juice from the sauerkraut then cook on warm for 2 minutes. Perfect sweet and sour blend!

beefmann

Quarlow

No pics didn't happen. Sounds yummy though. Welcome to the forum AC.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

mwilliams7967

LOL, I love that "no pics, didn't happen".  I'm saving this page for that Sauerkraut!!!  Sounds incredible

armychic

Oh...it happened! And there are ALWAYS  pictures! :) Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to sharing some great culinary delights!

Quarlow

Yup, It happened. And right proper too. Very nice AC.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

armychic

Thanks Quarlow....the leftovers were great today for lunch! still tender and juicy even after a spin in the microwave!

Quarlow

Please call me "Q" and you know it was done right when it is still juicy the next day.

OBS
BBQ