Wild Duck

Started by queball, January 04, 2012, 05:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queball

Does anybody have a good idea or suggestion on the ratio of wild duck to beef for making sausage?  :( Thanks Richard

MTFiddler

Queball,

you might want to look at pork, and maybe some type of a bratwurst. As wild duck is soooo lean you may have a pretty dry sausage if you went with beef.  My cousin makes a lot of goose/pork bratwurst and he swears by it.  Just a thought.

keep us informed.

Lon

queball

This is for a friend, He would like me to make pepperoni with the ducks that he has shot. :P

devo

MTFiddler

Quote from: queball on January 05, 2012, 01:25:27 PM
This is for a friend, He would like me to make pepperoni with the ducks that he has shot. :P

you may want to look at the cooked pepperoni recipe of Poli's and adapt for the use of duck. I made some with deer (substituted for beef and used 50/50 beef trim instead of straight back fat) and it turned out good, maybe cut the recipe in half to make a test run, that way you could adjust flavors according to your liking.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=25482.0

njxbow

i've made teriyaki snack sticks with goose breasts once before and everyone who tried said they were a knock out. i mixed 5 lbs of goose meat with 1 1/2 lbs of bacon. i only added 1 tsp of cure #1 as the bacon was already cured. i used a commercial snack stick mix and adjusted it for @ 7 lbs of product. this should work real well for duck too.