Turkey Ribs??

Started by squirtthecat, January 04, 2012, 10:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

???

(from the midwest Restaurant Depot flyer)

mikecorn.1

WTH are turkey ribs?  They look like chicken wings to me. But then again I'm on my iPhone. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SouthernSmoked

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sold in Case Lots Only.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

FLBentRider

I don't want to know how big that turkey was!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 04, 2012, 12:14:03 PM
I don't want to know how big that turkey was!
:eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OldHickory

I guess you bought a case of those.  Well, how were they.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

squirtthecat

No, I didn't buy them...   ;)

Turns out they are turkey breast meat, cut to 'shape' and precooked (including the nice grill marks) so all you have to do is reheat them.    Yuck!

BBQ_Queen

Wow! I'm a little disappointed to see these comments without ever trying the ribs!  I have had them several times and they are delicious and healthy.  They are a cut of meat that is patented not unnaturally formed at all.  They are precooked because they are so low in fat that they need a pressurized environment which most people don't have! Do your homework!

KyNola

Quote from: BBQ_Queen on February 25, 2014, 07:27:33 PM
Wow! I'm a little disappointed to see these comments without ever trying the ribs!  I have had them several times and they are delicious and healthy.  They are a cut of meat that is patented not unnaturally formed at all.  They are precooked because they are so low in fat that they need a pressurized environment which most people don't have! Do your homework!
And I'm a little disappointed that your first post is on a 2 year old thread and disrespects some of our more respected members.  "A patented cut that need a pressurized environment because they are so low in fat".  Seriously?

That said, welcome to the Forum. What model of Bradley Smoker do you own and where do you hail from?  We would like to get to know you better.

STLstyle

Wow...  Welcome from The STL where I'm glad I don't have eat turkey ribs.  I prefer St. Louis style...

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

jdhunt0

I've had them new Louisville at http://shackinthebackbbq.com/

They were great.