Advance mechanism

Started by Fonto, January 14, 2006, 11:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonto

I just purchased a stainless steel smoker and the advance mechanism will not drop wood chips. It will only go back 1/8 to 1/4 inch. It worked fine the first time and then started the above. Can anyone advise.

nodak

Call Bradley Monday morning and they will send you out a new one. Same type thing happened to me.  Also the guys here advised me not too throw my old one out, you can use gears if you ever strip one.  Did you take it apart by taking the screws out of bottom(make sure unplugged) and see if something is hanging it up. Mine would work with screws out but when tightened up it didn't.  Does it work without the briquette chute on?

Let us know how it turns out and good luck.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Fonto

No I did not take anything apart, because I was affraid I would void the warranty.  I sent a email to warranty service and hopefully they will reply on Monday. What is a briquette chute?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nodak</i>
<br />Call Bradley Monday morning and they will send you out a new one. Same type thing happened to me.  Also the guys here advised me not too throw my old one out, you can use gears if you ever strip one.  Did you take it apart by taking the screws out of bottom(make sure unplugged) and see if something is hanging it up. Mine would work with screws out but when tightened up it didn't.  Does it work without the briquette chute on?

Let us know how it turns out and good luck.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

nodak

The round part of the generator that holds the pucks, I think if you shove it down hard it could touch the slider.  As far as taking it apart I wouldn't worry too much.  The service rep was going to have me do it, but I told him I already did cuz the advice on this forum and still had problems. Someone told me they were made in china, and unfortunately I believe Bradley doesn't Quality Check/test them[:(!].  Other than the QC I have had no complaints and they sent me out a new generator right away.

iceman

Call your rep and they will more than likely take care of you. The advance function is controled by the little "black box" inside the generator. It has a sensor that makes the advance mech. retract if something hangs up. It is a safety feature to keep the advance motor from stripping gears. Unfortunatly it doesn't work to good sometimes. The most common failure is it lets the advance motor overload and you get a final drive gear failure. In your case it is just the opposite. There is no way to adjust it. Bradley is very good about replacing the generators so don't hesitate calling them. Hope this helps out a bit.[:)]

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!