New Bradley Smoker

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 07, 2012, 05:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I see some nice improvements. I'm not sure about the graphics on the front. Most of the paint on my generator and cabinet have worn off. I may think about upgrading; I've had my other one for about 7.5 years.

Quote from: Quarlow on January 07, 2012, 10:17:20 PM
Must have changed the "high temp cut out switch".

The old high temperature switch was rated for 320?F and it was advertised as temperatures up to 320?F, but I could never get mine over 260?F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

Quote5. Improved Electronic components

I'd be interested in knowing exactly which components have been improved.  A catch all phrase doesn't tell ya much.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

pensrock

One thing it looks like they missed the boat on is, instead of messing around moving the temp control like they did, they should have made a deal with Auber and put a controller in the generator. I like the graphics and the improvements they did make but for another $25-$40, depending on the deal they could make with Auber by buying in quantity, better control would be a big improvement. Now maybe this is the new and improved 'Original unit' and a new and improved 'digital model' is in the works? But its defiantly a better design then they had with the old original unit. I like it.  :)

NePaSmoKer

I just want one to give it a good workout  :o

Dear can i get the new Bradley

HAHAHA

ACW3

How could she resist that line (again)?  You probably need to be on one knee and holding a small penguin out to her when you ask.  That night cushion the answer a little bit.

Art
MAK 2 Star (# 171)
Weber Kettle (old school charcoal)
KCBS CBJ
NCBS

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ACW3 on January 08, 2012, 07:02:39 AM
How could she resist that line (again)?  You probably need to be on one knee and holding a small penguin out to her when you ask.  That night cushion the answer a little bit.

Art

Haha

Just showed her that. She busting up. Good one Art

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

mikecorn.1

Mike

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ACW3 on January 08, 2012, 07:02:39 AM

Art

Art this is Nepas we are talking about that had better better 2 RATHER Large Penguins!! He has a lot of sucking up to do.

The new unit just goes to show what kind of company Bradley is. They ACTUALLY listen to their customers. They have taken ideas and suggestions from US forum members and incorporated them into a new and improved model. That speaks volumes to me.

(Just bought Momma some new wheels for her birthday. I know I aint getting one of these any time soon!!)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smoker pete

It's a nice looking unit and some of the issues that have been discussed on this forum for quite a while have been addressed ... but not all.  Anxious to hear from members after they put the new BS611 through it's paces!

There's a reason why many members built their own PID or are using an Auber PID, modified their units to use 2 elements or the 900 watt element, and why fans have been installed.  Has the new unit addressed these issues?  Time will tell ...

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Habanero Smoker

The graphics is a nice touch, but if it is like the paint they used when they built my smoker, it easiely fades, and wipes off when I give the outside of the smoker an occassional wipe down.

I'm not sure how I feel about the temperature control built into the genertor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

viper125

I AGREE! As far as design I could care less! And as for removing slider and using a rheostat is mute since a lot of people by pass it any how. A better and bigger heated element should have been #1 thing. Since this seems to be the biggest disappointment to most. I also think a deal with Auber PID would be a definite deal buster. Also a fan! The legs look better but where or what are they bolted to. Still wondering about the door too. Well only time will tell but no way i'm even thinking of getting one till they prove out. Too many problems and i'll take a real heavy steel one like the extra wide master build and put my S.G. and auber PID and electric setup and try it. Not insulated I'm sure but solid as a brick. Could also blanket it like they do the Bradley. But right now I'm doing good but always keep your option's open.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Bavind

Looks nice. Id like to see what electronic changes were made. As was said before Bradley used the recomendations of their users to make improvement. A lot of companies wouldn't do that. Thank You Bradley for listening. Now I just want to try one out for myself lol

ghost9mm

Well this time next year we should have a handle on the pros and cons, I like the Bradley I have.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

sparky1

ummmm.  i got a electric smoker for xmas and its going back.  might be time to check out the new bradley.  1/2 the price of the smoker i just bought.   ;)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

RossP

Man as many of you know my son (jp-projects) just got an original BS. He asked for money for Christmas for  smoker. He went out and bought an OBS just after the New Year. If I would have known this new one was coming out I would have had him hold off and get it instead of the the original one.  I think the new one looks a  whole lot better and I like the temp controler is better long with the front legs.I think the graphics kick butt and Lisa really likes the look of the new one also, maybe that will be n onpening for me to get the new one.  :( I don't think so. Aanyway I hope my son is not to disappointed that he missed out on the new one..
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen