New Bradley Smoker

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 07, 2012, 05:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well at this point in time I'm not complaining! Just thinking out loud. But I do hope that stainless their using is a better quality then their stainless smokers as I heard a lot say they rusted. I have never heard of SS rusting. LOL If my cabinet holds up i'll be happy. I like their system of smoking. and only thing I personally thought needed changing was the heating element and fix door problems. But even that hasn't bothered me yet.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

sparky1

so even w/ the new bradley you still have to use a auber pid thing, right?
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

FLBentRider

Quote from: sparky1 on January 10, 2012, 04:10:30 PM
so even w/ the new bradley you still have to use a auber pid thing, right?

If you want tight temp control, yes.

For briskets and butts, you don't _need_ a PID, but it is nice to have.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Quote from: viper125 on January 10, 2012, 08:02:51 AM
Well at this point in time I'm not complaining! Just thinking out loud. But I do hope that stainless their using is a better quality then their stainless smokers as I heard a lot say they rusted. I have never heard of SS rusting. LOL
Sorry to break this to you Viper but stainless steel can rust.  It's not as likely to rust as other metals but it can rust.

I'm still not sure why you think the new OBS won't cold smoke.  Not being critical at all.  I just don't follow your logic.

viper125

Im not saying it can't. But said if you set it up like so many do. With a cold smoke box. If they make a cable or something to go to smoker so you can regulate the heat on the smoker. Or weather you'd have to put it back on. I have seen SS rust but that guy said it rusted thru. This I havnt seen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

There are different grades of stainless steel, the lesser grades you have to use more care. You can distinguish some of the cheaper grades, because they are magnetic. I have a stainless steel stove front that is made of a lesser grade of steel, and if I don't catch some spills right away it will react to acid food causing rust and pitting. I can see it a low grade stainless steel rusting through, do to the acids that are produced during a smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

viper125

Being a die maker I'm fully aware cheap stainless will rust pretty fast as good stainless  may but takes neglect better. I am saying I hope they used a better grade of stainless! Not that it wont rust. LOL So hope they used the good stuff wont take long to know. Also as far as the Auber PID who knows. There new ad claims better electronic parts. Hope fully this means less swing then the original Bradley. I'm just surprised they didn't fully address all issues. But that's their choice and we will never know that. Has any one bought one yet? The price don't seem that bad.
Inside setup.