New Bradley Smoker

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 07, 2012, 05:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

I guess there must have been a time frame for it to be ready for sale but boy did they ever miss the boat on getting them out there before Christmas, think they would have so a sh*t load of them.

Habanero Smoker

I seem to remember there were a lot of great bargains on the OBS prior to and during the holiday season, maybe they needed to reduce their current inventory before the release of the new model.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

devo

Ya you might be right about that Habs. Who knows how these people in marketing think.

phild

It won't be as easy or perhaps as nice looking to mod this one with an auber built into the SG.   The OBS seems to be better for that purpose.

Don't they sell the smoke generator separately for cold smoking?  Before they had separated the functions of smoking and temperature regulation, which was smart. Now they are combined??

beefmann

great work Bradley .. cool graphics

begolf25

I was going to put this up today but it looks like Rick beat me too it :)

We now have the new Bradley in-stock ready to ship. Right now we are offering it at $349. But if any of the forum members are looking to add this to their collection in the next week or two I am sure we can work out some type of forum discount. If interested send me an email or PM me.

http://www.yardandpool.com/Bradley-Electric-Smoker-Black-p/bs611.htm

Bryan

viper125

Well don't look like it will work for cold smoking any more unless you use ice. Pretty bad idea combining temp and smoke I would feel.Any one seen one to give a idea of all the pros and cons? What do they mean by improved electronic components? The rheostat?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Toker

Sorry, i just found this post. What does it mean, it is like the DBS now we need to run a kind of sensor plug or anything such to make it work?

TedEbear

Quote from: viper125 on January 09, 2012, 01:24:30 PM
Well don't look like it will work for cold smoking any more unless you use ice. Pretty bad idea combining temp and smoke I would feel.

Why wouldn't it work?  From what I see in the pics the chamber temp control has high/low/off settings and the SG has its own on/off switch.  Just leave the chamber temp knob turned OFF.

I've never cold smoked with the Bradley.  Am I missing something with the above suggestion?

squirtthecat

And you could always just unplug the cabinet from the smoke gen.    Just sayin'..   ;)

viper125

Quote from: TedEbear on January 09, 2012, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: viper125 on January 09, 2012, 01:24:30 PM
Well don't look like it will work for cold smoking any more unless you use ice. Pretty bad idea combining temp and smoke I would feel.

Why wouldn't it work?  From what I see in the pics the chamber temp control has high/low/off settings and the SG has its own on/off switch.  Just leave the chamber temp knob turned OFF.

I've never cold smoked with the Bradley.  Am I missing something with the above suggestion?

Well my point being is that you could turn off the smoker before. But to truley cold smoke you need to get a cold smoke box or make one. Their not doing that for no reason. Also with the control for smoker on the SG I'm thinking you need a cable  or something to remove SG and use else where.
Inside setup.

viper125

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 09, 2012, 03:37:06 PM

And you could always just unplug the cabinet from the smoke gen.    Just sayin'..   ;)

Well maybe you can and maybe you can't! This I don't think any one knows yet!
Inside setup.

Sailor

Wonder if Bradley would like to send a new style smoker to one of the members for a testing to see if you can cold smoke and to work the bugs out  :o  Guess it would be like a freepas  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

I can assure you when my Bradley is beyond repair I will purchase another one. Great improvements to the smoker!!!!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Keymaster on January 09, 2012, 04:44:06 PM
I can assure you when my Bradley is beyond repair I will purchase another one. Great improvements to the smoker!!!!

I'm thinking the same, but that may be awhile. Next month I will have had my Bradley for 7.5 years.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)