Cold Smoked Black Olives & Meat

Started by seemore, January 08, 2012, 09:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Did some cold smoking yesterday.  We had some meats - some pork chops, a couple steaks, and a flank steak - we had wanted to do and make another batch of Hab's cold smoked olives.
First the olives.  I don't even like black olives, but I have found that I like these a LOT.
We followed the basic recipe for Hab's marinated smoked olives which is in the Tried & True Recipes.  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?607-Marinated-Smoked-Olives&p=958#post958  We stuffed the olives with jalapenos and put olive oil on them before we put them in the smoker:

We used hickory and smoked them for 2 hours.  Here they are:

Next we put them in the marinade:

Mrs made extra marinade in order to cover the olive/onion mixture. 
They will sit for a couple days and then we will be more than ready to eat them!
The pork chops:

The ribeyes:

The flank steak:

The flank steak was put in a marinade and will be grilled for tonight's fajita dinner.
I grilled the steaks last night for dinner;  the chops will be placed in a brine for a dinner sometime this week or next.
seemore

Tenpoint5

Wow the Seemores had a busy Saturday!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Habanero Smoker

Another great post. Stuffing them with jalapenos sounds fantastic. At times I also stuff the olives with cheese, various marinated vegetables. Sometimes the day that of two before I plan to serve them I will stuff them with ham, Canadian bacon, prosciutto etc.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)