Tater's cold smoke adaption.

Started by Tater, January 09, 2012, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tater

My old Little chief smoker was just sitting around.
$20 bucks for parts and I've got a cold smoker.  The box temp never got over 55 degrees.
The nice thing about this is that it gives me more options for smoking than just the Bradley pucks.

First attempt at cold smoked cheese.  4 pounds of cheddar.

ArnieM

Nice job Tater!  Nothing like recycling  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Keymaster

Good idea, I have one too, I asked the neighbor if he wanted it and he said yes but he never came to get it. So i may have a cold smoker as well. That one might be as old as Nepasmokers little chief :o

ghost9mm

Way to go Tater, necessity is the mother of invention...real nice job...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tater

Keymaster,
My father gave me the Little Chief for my birthday in 1986.  It's 25 years old and has many, many hours on it.  Every time I use it I think about my dad who passed away 15 years ago.
Tim

squirtthecat

That's awesome.   Give the little fella a new lease on life!

wyrman

Now that's thinking! I just gave away my big chief that I've had for at least 15 years to a friend at work.

anderson5420

I have a front loading Little Chief, could do the same thing I suppose, it would make it easier to use sawdust than my file box version!  Any though to a mod to the Little Chief to accept the Bradley Smoke Generator?

So many recipes, so little time!

Tater

Anderson5420,
I think it would be really easy to rig up the front loader with the smoke generator.  My box is a top loader and I would have to cut a pretty large door in it.  I think mine is maybe too  flimsy for that.  I'm thinking of building a seperate box to mount my smoke generator on.
Tim