Greetings from Whittier

Started by evlmpire, January 12, 2012, 12:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evlmpire

Well, I must have been good this year cause after wanting and waiting and researching for nearly 6months I finally got my Bradley Original Smoker! New Years Eve I broke it in with a full Brisket that turned out absolutely incredible and was the hit of the party. I got home with an empty plate at 2:30 New Years morning and immediately went to the kitchen and pulled out the Boston Butt from the fridge and applied the rub, 30 minutes later it was in the smoker and ready to go... Cut to New Years Day 9 hours later... What can I say, you've all been here before... Beyond words... This past Sunday it was Tri Tip time... All three were excellent, in my mind the order goes as follows... Brisket, Pulled Pork, Tri Tip... This is odd to me, I've been queing for years now and it's always the reverse. My Tri Tip is usually far superior to the pulled pork and the pulled pork to the brisket. I should also note that this the first time I've ever attempted to smoke. One thing that I've noticed and I don't think it's my imagination but the rubs that took me years of queing to pair the right rub with the right meats doesn't seem to taste the same. The rub that I use with the Tri Tip on the grill needs something when it's smoked, or at least that's what it seems like to me. It seems as though I'm gonna have to learn all over again (darn, no complaints here).... Btw, I've been using oak... Sorry, no pics...
If ignorance is bliss then knock this smile off my face