10lbs of Wiener Dogs, shot with my Kirby Cannon

Started by Flyboyandre, January 14, 2012, 02:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Yeah, I'm not great at stuffing yet but I think they turned out good.
Hitting the smoker Sunday morning.

Quarlow

They look fine to me. Just one thing, where can you buy horseshoe shaped buns. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pikeman_95

Well guys there goes another one. ;D ;D Hook line and sinker. Good looking sausage Andre. I think you did a good job for you first shot with the cannon. I am looking forward to the rest of this project.

Here are a couple of links that might give you a couple on hints on how to use the stuffer.

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/?action=view&current=STUFFINGGERMANFRANKFURTERS.mp4

This shows the stuffer running at a higher speed. I have developed a foot control since this video was made.

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/A%20%20SAUSAGE%20WITH%20FRIENDS%20280%20POUNDS/?action=view&current=STUFFINGTHEGERMANFRANKS.mp4

Keep taking pictures of your progress. What's next???

Oh for you that are wondering what that thing that is taped to my stuffing tube. It is what I call my fart releaser. It is a thin wedge of pex tubing that I cut with my band saw then grind it even thinner on my grinder. I have a 1/2 inch face on the stone and that is how I get the little notches in the edge for the air to escape with. The leading edge is ground round and smooth and the adapter is electrical taped to any tube you want to use it on.  When you refill any stuffer it is likely you will get some air pockets in the meat. When doing hog casings, the casings tend to seal up to the tube. The fart releaser allows the air to escape under the casings and keeps it from going into the stuffed casing. By the way this is a good smelling kind of fart. Smells like spiced sausage. Here is a closer picture.

Kirby

Quarlow

Now that is a very smart addition. Have you stuffed sausage all your life Kirby or is this something you started later in life?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

pikeman_95

Quarlow
I started helping my dad when I was about 12 and I am now just about 62. So I guess you could say we have been doing it for a while. We had some very poor equipment back then and my dad passed before I started making the hydraulic stuffers. I think he would have died for one of them.   He learned how to make sausage from a old German sausage make that had a meat market in town.
Kirby

Quarlow

Well Kirby you are one very innovative fella. Nice work.

OBS
BBQ

pikeman_95

Quote from: Quarlow on January 14, 2012, 09:53:12 AM
Well Kirby you are one very innovative fella. Nice work.

Thanks

It has a price some times I just can't shut it off to sleep. I have to work on that.
kc

Quarlow

Well that is what they call "passion" . It is tricky to get and hard to keep. When you got it it drives you. I lost it and need to find it again. Keep moving or sit down a wither. I'm withering right now.

OBS
BBQ

Flyboyandre

Kirby, can you make me one of those fart wedges?

pikeman_95

I would guess that could be done. I probably could send it in one of the priority mailers. Give me a PM and we can make arrangements.

Flyboyandre

Found out that this 10 lb batch was a bit too much to hang in smoker so i decided to use the trays this time. Temp is up to 123 and they're taking on a good color.

pikeman_95

Those are looking good. Can't wait for the finish shot. Those babies look long enough to fill you up. We are sure getting some newbies that are cranking out some good product.
Kirby

Flyboyandre

Well, I fell asleep so they stayed in just a tad bit longer than I wanted but they sure taste good.

Sam3

fuzzy3955

how much time did you add smoke and how long to cook at what temp did you give a bath at the end i'm planning on smoking wed