Puck burner temp

Started by ggrt21, August 25, 2023, 09:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggrt21

Hi All

I want to know what is the approximative surface temperature of the puck burner. Mine is around 300-315 degree celcius (roughly 575-600 f) and i get white-ish/gray smoke most of the time from various bisquette and i pretty sure inshould get a thin blue smoke. The burner element resistance is 130ohms at the connector

manfromplaid

I may be corrected but your burner temp is where it should be. grey white smoke is the norm when smoldering the biskets. the thin blue smoke comes from pellet grills or stick/charcoal grills after they start up and begin creating heat

ggrt21

Thanks, i will live with it!

Btw i will post shortlyabout  my setup!
Basicaly an arduino based controller with a rotary encoder to select temp, a lcd display and an integrated meat probe.

Also upgraded to 900w element

Habanero Smoker

Hi ggrt21;

Welcome to the forum.

Manfromplaid is correct. You burner is producing the correct amount of heat. Mine requesters between 550 - 560 degrees F, and I have a few other appliances on that same circuit, so that may account for my lower temperatures and variances in degrees.

Your setup sounds interesting. I can't wait to see it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JolieKeva

Quote from: ggrt21 on August 25, 2023, 09:50:49 AMHi All . watermelon game

I want to know what is the approximative surface temperature of the puck burner. Mine is around 300-315 degree celcius (roughly 575-600 f) and i get white-ish/gray smoke most of the time from various bisquette and i pretty sure inshould get a thin blue smoke. The burner element resistance is 130ohms at the connector

Your burner is generating the appropriate level of heat  My oven requires temperatures between 550 and 560 degrees F, and I have several other devices connected to the same circuit, which may explain the lower temperatures and fluctuations in degrees.

failingfret

Quote from: ggrt21 on August 25, 2023, 09:50:49 AMHi Allgeometry dash unblocked   

Your detailed description of the puck burner's surface temperature and the observation of white-ish/gray smoke demonstrate your meticulous attention to detail. This level of precision and observation is crucial for troubleshooting and optimizing the performance of the burner. With your commitment to understanding the nuances of temperature and smoke production, you're well on your way to achieving that sought-after thin blue smoke, enhancing the overall quality of your culinary endeavors. Keep up the great work! 

TedEbear

Quote from: failingfret on April 04, 2024, 02:12:44 AMYour detailed description of the puck burner's surface temperature and the observation of white-ish/gray smoke demonstrate your meticulous attention to detail. This level of precision and observation is crucial for troubleshooting and optimizing the performance of the burner. With your commitment to understanding the nuances of temperature and smoke production, you're well on your way to achieving that sought-after thin blue smoke, enhancing the overall quality of your culinary endeavors. Keep up the great work! 

Another AI bot?

Zamora

I think so

Habanero Smoker

Sometimes it is very hard to tell. As I read this, it could go either way. Some are more obvious, such as a recent post about a member's smoker shutting down. It gave a list of trouble shooting tips, and in that list it was referring to the bisquettes as pellets. The tips that were listed, could also apply to a pellet grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)