New Bradley Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), January 15, 2012, 09:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Everyone

We took a lot of the comments and suggestions from our forum members and customers (Thank You)and made a few changes to the smoker design.

Here are a few of the changes:
1. New Stainless Steel Interior.
2. New Rack supports keep racks from tipping over when pulled out.
3. Heat control moved to Smoke Generator which will eliminate moisture damage to switch.
4. Improved Front Face Plate.
5. Improved Electronic components
6. Extra large front feet for added support and stability.
7. Generator has removable side panel for ease of cleaning and preventative maintenance.

mikecorn.1

Dam. Hate it that mine is still going strong with no problems for almost 3 years now. Other than 1 bad micro switch.
One question, anyone know why a larger wattage element wasn't used. I would assume that most of us can do without a fan and PID buy would love/benefit from more heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

TedEbear

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on January 15, 2012, 09:47:43 AMOne question, anyone know why a larger wattage element wasn't used. I would assume that most of us can do without a fan and PID buy would love/benefit from more heat.

It probably would have raised the price too high to make it competitive to other brands that are currently around the same price.  A higher wattage heating element would need a more heavy duty temp controller and maybe a few other things.  I guess Bradley feels that enough owners are satisfied with the 500W. I would have liked for them to have added a few things but with the mods I've done to my OBS I'm happy with what I have now.

Tenpoint5

I believe the reason that a larger heating element was not implemented was probably do to Government standards. Not only does Bradley have to pass all of the UL listing standards and the Canadian equivalent. They have to get certification from ALL of the countries that Bradley Smokers are sold in. So if one country says NO it doesn't meet our standards the whole thing has to go back to the drawing board so it can pass the testing in all of the countries at the same time.

The new version of the OBS ALMOST makes me want to get one. I will stick with my Digitals though for now
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 15, 2012, 07:24:35 PM
I believe the reason that a larger heating element was not implemented was probably do to Government standards. Not only does Bradley have to pass all of the UL listing standards and the Canadian equivalent. They have to get certification from ALL of the countries that Bradley Smokers are sold in. So if one country says NO it doesn't meet our standards the whole thing has to go back to the drawing board so it can pass the testing in all of the countries at the same time.
Makes sense. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mlp311

Is the new model of the OBS available now?

squirtthecat

Quote from: mlp311 on January 16, 2012, 07:33:06 AM
Is the new model of the OBS available now?

Yep.  Yard & Pool has them in stock.  I think Bryan was even offering a 'friends of the Bradley forum' special price on them..

mlp311

So how do I find this great Bryan you speak of?

squirtthecat

Quote from: mlp311 on January 16, 2012, 08:03:39 AM
So how do I find this great Bryan you speak of?

Let me find the post.

[edit]

Here it is:

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=26552.msg317686#msg317686

mlp311

lumpy

I do not see the new smoker on the Bradley web site.........or am I not looking in the right place?

lumpy

Toker

Hey guys, I'M I the 1st to get my hands on it as of today? Sorry don't want to play a bad game to you, but i have it, i received it this morning at 7h30 am.

So let me play a bit with it today, and I'll post some pictures later and at the same time, if you want me to check something specific, just let me know.

Toker

P.S. THX Brian and Bradley technologies for this present and BTW Brian my coffee taste better with my Bradley cup  ;D I sure don't regret my tattoo.

devo

Man that is really cool, way to go toker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KyNola

Congrats Toker!  Sounds like Brian and the guys came through once again! 8)