New Bradley Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), January 15, 2012, 09:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

If you don't turn on the big knob, the element won't turn on. Only the smoke generator will.  It mean that this smoke generator works exactly the same as the old original excepted for one thing, as soon as you turn it on the smoke generator start i mean, if you want to, you can just turn on the smoke generator for cold smoke but unfortunately, you can not turn on only the element cause the element does not start if the smoke generator is not on and the minute it is on it heat (smoke generator) That mean that the smoke generator must stay on the whole smoke even if you don't need it anymore unless you plug the tower into a pid and not into the smoke generator. And yes, you can still attach a cold smoke adaptor for cold smoke.

KyNola

Quote from: Toker on January 18, 2012, 07:23:09 PM
And yes, you can still attach a cold smoke adaptor for cold smoke.
And there you go. ;)

Congrats Toker and thank you for giving us a first hand look and report on the new OBS.

viper125

Well hope you enjoy it! But think I'll stick to my OBS and PID. Maybe wait for the new and improved. Really I don't see any significant changes to make me want one. The new front legs is the only mechanical improvement I see. And i've already done it, The SS inside we'll have to wait and see how it goes. But I hope it does better for the ones who get it.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Toker

Don't forget, no more circuit board on the faceplate. For me that is the main improvement but yes, if your is still good to go, you can wait. No big deal but for the door. BTW, we still need a pid because this is no digital, only low, medium, high. So the pid is still required. Oh yeah, i forgot, there is no round button marked fuse on it like the old one (on smoke gen i mean).

Habanero Smoker

That is very generous of Bradley.

I'm not sure if I like the fact that you can not turn the generator off. So if I understand you previous post, if you are cold smoking you don't need to have the cabinet plugged into the back of the generator, for the generator to work.

It does look like the power indicator light for the element is larger, to make it easier to see when the temperature is lowered. I would be interested in what are the improved electronics.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

viper125

With all I said I for got to say GOOD SHOW BRADLEY! Very nice thing for a man who loves the company so much. While I may not be that dedicated, I do love my Bradley also! Remember I am an older guy and tend to complain.LOL I love the Original set up though and guess I was just a little disappointed you didn't incorporate a few of the mods. But like others I really don't mind doing it. I just feel there is a market for a high end unit that incorporated them all and maybe sub some metal for some of the breaking plastic parts. I my self can't complain as I haven't had any problems. But if and when you do create such a model I'll try to be first in line. Toker can't think of any one that deserves it more. Just keep smoking and a posting.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Toker

Habs, you can turn it on and off but if you turn it off, the element turn off at the same time. Must be due cause of the circuit board is now out of the tower. Ex, if you plug the tower directly into the wall the tower become like a DBS no controller to controll it so you need a pid if you want to controll the element only.

No, you don't need the tower be attached to activate the smoke gen. The smoke gen works exactly like it always worked with on/off switch. Just a big knob for the element that you can turn on/off for hot or cold smoke.

And the indicator light is the same, just not on the tower anymore. The advance button is now round instead of square. And there is no round fuse button anymore. They probably put it inside don't know.

P.S. i just opened the back wall and it is exactly like the black one.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the additional feed back. It was the advance button I had mistaken for the pilot light.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: Toker on January 19, 2012, 10:32:34 AMAnd there is no round fuse button anymore. They probably put it inside don't know.

Hmm...I would have thought that one of the improvements would be to make it easier to check/change the fuses.  With the OBS you have to remove a dozen or so screws to gain access to the inline fuse that many owners don't even know is there.  It looks like they moved the easy access fuse on the SG and put it somewhere not so easy.

Toker

Sorry Ted, i think you are mistaking 2 diferents fuses. The inline fuse on the back of the tower is still there at the same place no change, me, i was talking about the fuse inside the smoke generator not the inline fuse. It mean that the black one (former OBS)  has 2 fuses. The one i talk about never been on the back of the tower.

If i did not understood your post, please forgive me don't know pretty much about the fuse inside the smoke generator.

Toker

mlp311

I got a box this week to Toker. Just starting to unpack it. The painted on smoke looks much better than the actual smoke coming from my original OBS on its last use.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

mikecorn.1

Swwweeeeet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mlp311

The v drip tray's hole is much bigger. The stainless on the inside looks nice. I like the new rack holding design.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

mikecorn.1

Looks so shiny. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Toker

Great! now please tell me why is there a 3RD pin on each side to sit the V_tray on? The third pin i talk about is a bit higher than the 2 others. If you look at it closely, it looks like a V updide down. Remember to put the V_tray like a V and not upside down for safety.

And pay attention to the new racks if you add more. The rail does not measure the same, they are like double.