New Bradley Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), January 15, 2012, 09:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

And tell me if you can register the warranty. Yesterday, when i tried, the system told me serial unvalid.

mlp311

It did take me a minute to figure out the three pins that hold the v tray. I think that's why they did three so that its impossible to put the v tray in the cabinet upside down.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Toker

Because me at 1ST i put it the wrong sens.

mlp311

There she is. I like it. As toker said, if there isn't anything wrong with the OBS you have, I don't think there is any reason to rush out and get the new. I like the few changes that were made, and can't wait to fire her up. I mean cook something. The whole fire thing didn't work to well for me last time. Haha. Trying to blacken a brisket inside of a OBS does not work very well. :)

mlp311

Ill let you know about the warranty Toker. The offer on the wife still stands too whenever you are considering your next tattoo.

Toker

mlp311

What's this item on the back wall of the cabinet? Its about half way up.

FLBentRider

Quote from: mlp311 on January 20, 2012, 03:09:52 PM

What's this item on the back wall of the cabinet? Its about half way up.

I would think it is the high-limit sensor.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Toker

Absolutely. It is attached to the in-line thermal fuse that cut the power in case of over heating.

mlp311

Now I know.

Toker

If you ever add a 2ND elements, you need to add a 2ND of it too with the orange cord (fuse) and it means to drill a 2ND holes next to the first if or when you have a pid. The good news with this new OBS, there is no face plate to passby, only plug the element into the pid.

squirtthecat

Looks like those new brackets will make it easier for the guys who flip extra racks over to hold larger loads of jerky..  Or if you need an extra 1/2 inch or so of clearance.

Toker

But for those who add them let's say (Scott's Place way) it will make them a bit harder to add because the wood template doesn't fit anymore with the new racks supports.

mlp311

Toker, I didn't have a problem with getting the site to accept my serial number. Everything worked fine.

Toker

THX i did the same. Was not working yesterday when i tweeted them. They must have fixed it.