A little video of how its going so far
http://youtu.be/RE0vuL4mq3U

mikecorn.1

Nice video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

devo

Thanks Mike
It's -35 F with the wind chill tonight and I'm out smoking nuts....wonder who is the nut  :o

mikecorn.1

Like the background music. HARDCORE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

JZ

devo

OK they are done and cooling down. This video was done with my I-Kam video sun glasses

There pretty cool  :)

http://youtu.be/hqPEvBm3qCo

devo

One and half freezer bags full. should last another week if I can beat off all those Pistachios thieves

KyNola

Only fair that I point out that I got the original idea from Mr. and Mrs. Seemore.  I just tweaked it a bit to my taste.

Thanks Seemores!

devo

Quote from: KyNola on January 20, 2012, 07:54:45 AM
Only fair that I point out that I got the original idea from Mr. and Mrs. Seemore.  I just tweaked it a bit to my taste.

Thanks Seemores!

Yup sorry I forgot to include Mr. and Mrs. Seemore, thank you to every one involved for the recipe.  ;)

josbocc

Just made my first batch yesterday.  Did 6 cups of pistachios, and they turned out awesome.  I brought about 3 cups to work with me today, threw them on the break room table, and they lasted approximately 4 minutes.  (Of course we are talking about correction's officers here, they'll eat just about anything as long as it's free)  ;D

One minor glitch..., the plastic mats that I originally purchased for my DBS6 will NOT hold up at 275 in a regular oven.  I think I now know how to make fishing line.

Ordered some frog mats from Yard and Pool last night (along with a couple of bubba pucks).  I've got about 23 lbs. more of pistachios left to smoke.  Hope those frog mats get here quick  8) 8) 8)

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Keymaster

Very nice job Devo!!! Picked me three 1 pound bags up tonight at walgreens.

JZ

23 Lbs of Pistachios!!!!!!!!    That's one heck of a stash.

You're gonna make a lot of new friends.

Scotty Dog

Looking good.  Had to laugh with what the kid is saying in the video at 2:06 - 2:10.