My Kirby Cannon Setup

Started by wyrman, January 20, 2012, 04:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyrman

I went from a no day weekend last wekend to a 4 1/2 day weekend this weekend due to the weather so I am able to work on my Kirby Cannon. I didn't have water or power to the spot I'm putting it so I ran the power yesterday, and the water will come in the spring. Until then I'll have to use a water hose.
We remodeled our kitchen this time last year so I put the old cabinets in the Treager shed that I built three years ago.

I also had my little helper.

I took Kirbys and Mikes idea and design and instituted a hands free foot control.
Here's the inside of the electrical box.

I cut the lip off of the solenoids and drilled the box so I could mount the plumbing on the outside and the electrical on the inside.
Here it is sitting on the counter. It will go under the counter below the sink when I'm done.

The top left connection goes to the stuffer and the solenoid on the right is the water inlet.
I have two seperate switched outlets on the counter, one for the main power and one for the pump.
The solenoid will be operated by a foot control.
Here's looking down the counter.

Here's both of my helpers.

Here is the famous Kirby Cannon in all of it's glory! I kept it simple up top with just a speed control valve.
I plan on trying to test this tomorrow, we're supposed to get to the 40's tomorrow instead of the 20's today so I figured that'd be a good time to stuff the 15lbs of brats I'm planning on making.
I can already see that I may need to move the pump below the box so it won't be running dry.

mikecorn.1

Helper sitting down on the
Job. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

lumpy

Very nice. Thanks for the pics.

wyrman

That's the only way I could get her to sit still, she's 13 months old.  :o

wyrman

You're quite welcome lumpy, it's the least I could do for all the info I have got off this forum in such a short time,

Mr Walleye

Nice job wyrman!

Clean and safe! Very nice!  ;)  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

squirtthecat

DAMMMMMMM you got a lot of pellets piled there!    ;D

wyrman

Thank you Mike. I know the electrical works, I'll find out tomorrow how the plumbing works.  :-\
Squirt, I sold Cookingpellets for a year or so. I decided to quit because I wasn't moving them very fast and didn't like dealing with some of the people I had to. Love the product though, very much.
Greg

squirtthecat

I use the daylights out of them.. (when I can get a deal on shipping)

Kennewick, eh?   Probably not worth the cross country (and back) drive..   :o

wyrman

Yeah, probably not, especially since you'd probably drive right by Racine,Wi.
I have about 300lbs of bbqr's delight and I still only use cookingpellets.

squirtthecat

Sorry, I'm taking your Kirby Meat Cannon thread wayyyy off course..

Let's see some sausage!

wyrman

Shasta bob

Quote from: wyrman on January 20, 2012, 05:31:10 PM
Thank you Mike. I know the electrical works, I'll find out tomorrow how the plumbing works.  :-\
Squirt, I sold Cookingpellets for a year or so. I decided to quit because I wasn't moving them very fast and didn't like dealing with some of the people I had to. Love the product though, very much.
Greg
[/quotI'm glad to see the GFCI behind the cannon, just in case there is a blow out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

wyrman

You know, Shastabob, I only put that in because I had it. :o That outlet doesn't do anything for the stuffer, it's for my grinder or whatever else. The outlets for the stuffer are under the cabinet.

pikeman_95

Greg
Wow you did a fantastic job. That is one fine setup I would only dream of having that much room to work in. Very nice wiring  and plumbing job. So do you have enough hose so that you can stick the stuffer over the sink to wash it out. Using the sprayer on the meat pushing tube works excellent to clean the stuffer. I will be home tomorrow if you have any problems give me a call. Remember when you are done stuffing open the air vent and pump all the water out of the stuffer before you attempt to pull out the piston.

Kirby