My Kirby Cannon Setup

Started by wyrman, January 20, 2012, 04:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

Quote from: wyrman on January 20, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
You know, Shastabob, I only put that in because I had it. :o That outlet doesn't do anything for the stuffer, it's for my grinder or whatever else. The outlets for the stuffer are under the cabinet.

Thats great,  when working with water  around electricty you can never be to safe. By the way i like your set up just wish i had that kind of space. i only have that much space when the wife is gone!!!!!!!!!!!  Happing smoking

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

wyrman

Thank you Kirby. I have a quick disconnect hose fitting where the tubing connects to the piping, that way I can disconnect the stuffer completely.

OldHickory

Your stuffer looks great, and I love your helpers.  I have two Labs, 12 1/2 and 6 yo, my BFF.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

wyrman

Thank you OldHickory. I love the heck out of my labs also, they are such good dogs. I had to put my seven year old yellow lab down last February, she was the black ones puppy so I had her all her life. That really sucked, but I got the black one a new companion in the yellow female.

pikeman_95

Greg

One thing I noticed is you might want to put a bypass Line between the stuffer end back to the pump system. This would allow you to suck back the piston with out changing your speed valve setting. Once you set the speed that you like it is nice to leave that alone.

Kirby

wyrman

I might just do that Kirby. I used it today, I stuffed 15lbs of brats. It took a little getting use to with the valves but I really like it. I forgot to open the speed valve the first time and couldn't figure out why the pump wasn't going back.  :-[
I'm not quite set up in my sausage area, still have to get water but I like having the foot control hands free setup.
I used a water hose instead. What a easy to use and quick stuffing stuffer. 8)

wyrman

I was asked for a little more detail on the electrical part of my control.
I figured I'd post it instead of pm in case it helps others.
I got this idea from Mike and Kirby, thanks go out to them.
I have the hot and neutral from the foot switch connected to the coil. When the foot switch is pushed it energizes the coil which makes the normally open contacts(supply)close and the normally closed contacts(drain)open.
The contacts are normally open or closed when de-energized, energizing them changes their closed or open status.
I have the power to the valves jumped on the line side of the relay, the neutral goes directly to the solenoids.

Feel free to add info or ask questions.

Mr Walleye

Nicely done Wyrman!
And even nicer write up!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Really nice.

I wish i knew how to do wiring like this.

wyrman

Thank you Nepa and Mike. That's the first time I put text into a pic, believe it or not. lol

pikeman_95

Greg
Very nice job on the wiring. I am going to rewire mine. I had stiff wire and could not make it bend well. I have purchased some more pliable wire. I loaned my stuffer to a friend this weekend and they thought it worked great but thought it would have been better it I could find a way to attach it to the side of the cupboard so they could just activate it with their knee. They thought it would be better than having to put most of the weight on one foot while holding down the switch. I could change it to another switch that I have that turns on or off with the tap of the switch. I might try that first before I hang it from the counter.
Kirby

wyrman

Thank you Kirby. The switch on the side of the cupboard isn't a bad idea, there are so many switching options out there.