The Kirby Cannon & more Sticks

Started by devo, January 20, 2012, 11:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Decided to make some more sticks today, using some more elk and this time going with GB. Last time I made them I tried to film the Kirby Cannon with the auto valves I installed but for what ever reason the file was corrupted  >:( so this time I tried again. In the video you can hear me stepping onto the foot peddle and the water rushing into the cannon, as I am stuffing using sheep casings you can see where I get into trouble with the casing getting stuck on the stuffer tube. Even with spraying the tube down with PAM the small casings will stick and this is where my blow outs happen. Letting off the foot peddle the discharge valved opened and the intake valve closed allowing all pressure to be released from the cannon and allowed me to recover with out a blowout.  Sheep casings for sticks are a pain in the butt for me but I do prefer them to collagen casings. Got them in the smoker around noon.

http://youtu.be/wEXVR0PAx3s

mikecorn.1

Cool. I don't know diddly about sausage making but that cannon sure looks like it makes quick work of it   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

devo

After 6 hours in the smoker out they come to a nice warm bath to bring the IT to 152*F IT or close to it

8 minutes later after the warm bath back into a ice bath because IT was 152*F and we want to stop them from cooking anymore

Now for some air time before going into the fridge for a over night nap

My new toy from Canadian Tire for the hot water bath cost me 29 bucks  :) Gotta love it when they can't sell stuff

squirtthecat

The roaster or that soldering stand thingie?

Looks great..

devo

The roaster squirt, the soldering thingie finally found a use. Back in the day I used it to make boards to pirate Tv and it has not been used in years  ;)

Bigbirdoffroad

Hmmm, I remember a little while back someone posting that they used their PID for controling the roaeter when his heating element went out in his DBS. Who was that again??? Oh, it was me...LOL ;D

Looking good Devo!!
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Sam3