Anyone looking for a 73?

Started by Phone Guy, January 19, 2006, 12:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

Came across this...

ET-73

Sorry I also see this..

"<font color="red">Temporarily Unavailable
 We're sorry, this item is temporarily unavailable. Please check back soon to place your order</font id="red">"

IKnowWood

I saw that with Amazon, one of their retailers had them unavailable.  But some did have them.

I got mine from the gadget source a few months ago and thay had a few.  I am in the process of sending my remote reciever back to Maverick as it is not working and still under warranty.

updatE:  I checked with thegadgetsource (where I got mine) and they still show them for $39.99.  Try them...
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

twolone

Just got mine from gadget source today. Seems to be reading in the accurate range, but in identical locations the meat thermometer reads 2 degrees F higher than the ambient thermometer. I figure this is because they may be designed a bit differently. Any thoughts?

Longhorns & Cowboys. BBQ of Champions.

IKnowWood

There may also be variations in the readings due to general error introduced in the specific materials and basic physics of  how these devices read temperature.  

I have about 5 meat probes now and I rarely have two reading the exact same in a test sample of reading, even if they are right next to one another.

The temp variation is probably something liek +-5 to +-10 degrees.  I looked at manual and I did not see it clearly stated what its error is.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

bubbagump

Mine are 1 or 2 degrees different also.

Bubbagump

BigCountry

man, i got ripped off...i paid $80.00 bucks for mine. Bought it local and needed it right then...ohhhhh well

JJC

Guys, two probes that are different by 2F are really just +/- 1 degree apart--that's pretty damn good for a $40 unit! [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />Guys, two probes that are different by 2F are really just +/- 1 degree apart--that's pretty damn good for a $40 unit!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I would agree. I'm more than happy with mine.

Bubbagump