230 volt 60hz ?

Started by matrifia, January 24, 2012, 11:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrifia

Found this on the internet, found confusing the 230V 60hz. trying to find 230V 50hz.

http://zspaite.en.alibaba.com/product/509844845-0/Electric_smoker.html

CoreyMac

Where are you from? 60Hz is standard in North America

matrifia

Canada, but i have been trying to get a 220vac 50hz smoker to take with me to Europe this summer.

CoreyMac

I see, I figured it was a UK thing at some point. There are a few people on this site from the UK maybe you can get one down there. They may be able to advise you.

manxman

The BS models in the UK are 220-240V; 50hz which presumably is the same for the rest of Europe.

Whether you can buy a European model in Canada and ship to Europe cheaper than buying on this side of the pond is something I would doubt.

Not sure how the warranty would work either.

It would be interesting to know if the Chinese factory in the link is the one that manufactures for Bradley?

They appear to be offering to manufacture a minimum of 300 units for interested parties... even NePas can't need that many!

Hope it is not another factory copying the Bradley design or using the picture to promote a different product?

Be interesting to know the story behind it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Manxman

matrifia

I e-mailed the uk and they will not ship to Greece, and the Greeks are to busy with there economy to answer any of my tree e-mails i sent them.
I am thinking at this point getting a regular smoker not digital and adding a pid with a voltage converter

Tenpoint5

I would suggest getting a Bradley propane smoker then all you have to find is the propane cartridges in Greece. The BPS would be a whole lot more portable than a full size electric unit. You can use the BPS on the beach to do your fresh caught fish
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

3rensho

The one I bought from a UK dealer is 230V 50Hz.  Works fine in Switzerland as we are the same voltage/freq.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.