Pork Rectoms

Started by viper125, January 28, 2012, 09:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Why would any body want these least wise eat them. I have a guy who wants to know how to smoke or cure these.

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Tenpoint5

Actually that part of the intestine is a delicacy in Japan if I remember right. They make a rice roll or something like that out of it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

car54

I wonder what a boned rectum is?

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

viper125

That paints a picture in my mind i'd rather not think about. But a man stands on a stool and the pig moves down line with rump in the air. He has a tool he inserts in the rectum and pulls a trigger. Its cut free and falls in side the pig to be removed. Asians love it. Only kjnow because I didn't believe it and goggled it. Now I've ate tongue,made head sausage from the head,know some eat the stomach, I've had ears and tails and brains. But no good hill people would touch the rectum. Least not to eat. LOL
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: car54 on January 28, 2012, 11:53:56 AM
:D :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

iceman

I heard that rats rectum makes a great fondue.  ::)  ;D  ;)
I'm just say'n.
Back to my corner drinking at a distance  :-X

FLBentRider

At least they're boneless.

::)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

3rensho

Now I've seen it all  ;D ;D ;D  Googled them and found a lot of info I really didn't want to know such as http://wmbriggs.com/blog/?p=2926.  Note that these rectums are "inverted"   LOL
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Quarlow

Pork butt is fine but I will pass on the ass. lol
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

La Quinta

Just the lower intestines...you guys ever heard of chitlins? (I am not sure I spelled that correctly) Lots of people eat them...they are experts at cleansing them...I have seen it done...I know the rectum was attached but I just ate the intestine...really no big deal...pressure cooked then fried they are quite delicious...Or just boil the sh@!t out of them...I am sure there are cajuns on here that are familiar with them...

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on January 28, 2012, 11:59:35 PM
Just the lower intestines...you guys ever heard of chitlins? (I am not sure I spelled that correctly) Lots of people eat them...they are experts at cleansing them...I have seen it done...I know the rectum was attached but I just ate the intestine...really no big deal...pressure cooked then fried they are quite delicious...Or just boil the sh@!t out of them...I am sure there are cajuns on here that are familiar with them...

My father was from N. Carolina, so I'm familiar with chitlins, though I haven't had them since I was a kid. They are a pain to clean, even the pre-clean ones that are sold need further cleaning. You are right in that they taste good, but no matter how much you clean them, when you are cooking them they do give off a bad smell. My mother would first boil them outdoors for about 10 minutes then change the water, bring them inside to finish cooking. Every so often I will see chitlins in the frozen section of some supermarkets.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SouthernSmoked

Oh my goodness.........I couldn't stop laughing!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

viper125

Well I have ate chitlins but don't really like them. I Know there intestines. But never heard of rectum being ate. I goggled and it is the rectum the Asians love and find it a delicacy. Now I dont mind using intestines as casings. But doubt i'll be eating them like meat. As far as the rectum its the first meat I have ever not wanted to even try. So eat up guys and enjoy my share too!
Inside setup.

Quarlow

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on January 29, 2012, 08:24:44 AM

Oh my goodness.........I couldn't stop laughing!!!
Yeah I can't even touch this one without coming off as crude. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.