Summer Cheese

Started by CoreyMac, January 30, 2012, 07:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreyMac

Finally got to use my christmas present (cold smoke adapter). What better way that to do a load of cheese for summer.
Various types from Costco.

Just about didn't fit but made it, ready for a few hrs of cherry smoke. Did some at 2 hrs and some at 3 hrs for a bit of an experiment.

The wife and I were vacuum packing for an hour but finally got done. I think we have enough cheese until next christmas.
;D ;D ;D

mikecorn.1

Nice. That's a lot of queso.  How long before you try some? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

CoreyMac

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on January 30, 2012, 08:11:46 AM
Nice. That's a lot of queso.  How long before you try some? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya when I went to Costco I kinda lost a bit of selt control.
I'm going to give it at least 2 months, it was pretty strong when I brought it in the house.

Quarlow

I think it is time to do a batch also. The first time I did cheese I didn't do enough. Nice job. How was the colour when done?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

CoreyMac

The white cheeses took on a real nice hue, especially at the 3 hr level. The orange cheeses didn't color as much (or just hard to tell) Somehow I forgot to get pics of them after they were smoked (too excited I guess) I packaged them right away because 1 they were getting dry pretty fast and 2 the house started to really smell smoky.